Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio Systems (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems-153/)
-   -   Uniq cycle sounds? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems/1091243-uniq-cycle-sounds.html)

pipeyeti 01-29-2016 04:42 PM

Uniq cycle sounds?

I have a 2010 deluxe with a windshield. I am considering the Uniq Cycle sounds 400w system. I am really curious about mounting the speakers on the highway bar. I like the look much better than the bar mounted. Can you hear the music with them mounted low? Quality of this system? Ease of install?

bladeguy 03-06-2016 04:00 AM

I have been very happy with my Uniq system. Great sound quality for what it is. They are 4" speakers so you have to be realistic about the sound you expect from them. Lifetime warranty - and I have used it! They have really taken care of me. Not sure about the lower bars. My thought is they are best mounted on the bars. I was going to try one high and one low but never got the chance

James Shaw 05-22-2018 01:09 AM

Warranty now....

So I've had my uniq cycle sounds amp and speakers for 2 years....love them. Tonight while riding the sound was cutting out going over bumps. When I got home I checked the amp and the fuse connect was melted and broke in 2 when I picked it up. Checked the website and they have gone out of business.....wtf happens to the lifetime warranty now. Any guidance would be appreciated

shozzy

bladeguy 05-22-2018 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by James Shaw (Post 17378778)
So I've had my uniq cycle sounds amp and speakers for 2 years....love them. Tonight while riding the sound was cutting out going over bumps. When I got home I checked the amp and the fuse connect was melted and broke in 2 when I picked it up. Checked the website and they have gone out of business.....wtf happens to the lifetime warranty now. Any guidance would be appreciated

shozzy

Sorry to hear they are out of business. I will have to stop recommending them. I imagine your warranty is gone. However, the fuse connect is just a standard part you can get anywhere. Auto parts store or ebay. Just get the same type you had. You may have to cut the wire going to the amp. If so it is best to get shrink wrap and solder it, but you will be just fine with a butt connector and a $5 crimper from Walmart. As always be sure to disconnect the negative battery terminal when doing this.

bladeguy 05-22-2018 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by bladeguy (Post 17379240)
Sorry to hear they are out of business. I will have to stop recommending them. I imagine your warranty is gone. However, the fuse connect is just a standard part you can get anywhere. Auto parts store or ebay. Just get the same type you had. You may have to cut the wire going to the amp. If so it is best to get shrink wrap and solder it, but you will be just fine with a butt connector and a $5 crimper from Walmart. As always be sure to disconnect the negative battery terminal when doing this.

Giving more thought I wonder why it melted? Some type of short? I don't know what would cause that. You can try hooking it up and see if it is getting hot. I would think it would happen fairly quickly if there is a short.

Steel Horse Audio 11-09-2018 01:34 PM

UNiQ Cycle Sounds, Cycle Sounds and Shark have all gone out of business. We offer similar systems (although better) and have perfected what Uniq Cycle Sounds (mentioned by the OP) used to sell. (We have one of the guys that used to work for them on our team). I am happy to answer any questions or help with any concerns through these forums or our website (https://www.steelhorseaudio.com).

Juice 11-09-2018 01:53 PM

@Steel Horse Audio

Might wanna watch the mods will get you for posting a link to your shop without vendor status.

Juice

Steel Horse Audio 11-09-2018 02:47 PM

Thanks Juice. We contacted the mods about this now. Thanks for the heads up!

Juice 11-09-2018 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Steel Horse Audio (Post 17815766)
Thanks Juice. We contacted the mods about this now. Thanks for the heads up!

Sure thing.
It's great to get new sponsors, didn't want trouble before you get a chance to help people out.

Juice

Biggzed 11-09-2018 03:38 PM

Damn. Didn't know Cycle Sounds went out of business. I have their speaker lids and will probably need a new grill cover next time I take it off. They only last 2-3 removals before the tabs break.

Zach