Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.5 Speakers with good bass?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 04:17 PM
thisidworks
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ISU
I bought the Focals from Haze a couple weeks ago. I decided to go with the Motos so I did not even hook the Focals up. If you are interested, shoot me a PM.
I am interested. What's the ticket?

Old 05-05-2016, 08:13 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Hi Haze -

I'm new to audio. Will the Rokkers fit in my batwing fairing and do they perform better than the Focal and Hertz speakers I've heard so much about?
I don't post much in this section, but I spend an obscene amount of time in here reading.
It almost feels stalker-ish.

But THAT made me literally laugh-out-loud.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by haze324
Now I'm just blabbing some but to be clear. I really enjoy helping good dudes out (notice I said good dudes); it's fun hearing success stories. I share stuff I've stumbled on with tons of folks and answer PM's, text messages, phone calls etc. every day to help the next guy have a sweet sounding set up. I've had the luck of making friendships with some folks that really know 1000x more than I do about bike audio and I respect their advice and privacy. The stuff that gets me is the amount of people that then want to use someone else's work to make a buck. I've had people ask me so much crap about audio brands so they could carry it in their shelves and sell it. I don't know how to feel about that. So I'll help all the guys here with their set ups but I can't share trusted info so some guy on the internet then goes and makes a dollar off that. Not my thing fellas, obviously I'm not here to make cash. I enjoyed having a burger and beer with guys like Tailwind and 09Baggerdude and in a few weeks my bro Gannicus over trying to hustle. That's just me.
Thanks for the reply Haze. I most certainly do respect your privacy and appreciate the knowledge you share.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:03 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
JM does claim the Rokker's are the LARGEST MOST POWERFUL SPEAKERS IN THE UNIVERSE, so I'm not surprised...LMAO

Sorry, in all honesty. JM audio product SUCK~ Whoever falls for their marketing BS, truly doesn't deserve real audio components~

Old 05-05-2016, 11:43 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

LMAO!! Just teasing my bud. You would seriously have to pay him a large sum of cash to even try the Rokkers!

Old 05-06-2016, 08:52 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

I'm curious about some good lowers also. I recently bought a 2008 FLTR, that I'm upgrading before going on the road. I've bought a JVC HU, BK 7.1's for the fairing, an SS 1000D amp, some aftermarket lowers, and a King Tourpak. I've no plans atm to put speaker pods in the TP, as it will mostly be used for multiday trips. Any recommendations for the lowers? It seems the consensus so far is either Moto 602's or Focal KRC's. Now don't laugh too hard but I was bit by the JM bug and I have their fairing grills with the mid/tweets, will they compliment the BK 7.1's in series?

Old 05-06-2016, 09:44 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Ndfastln
I'm curious about some good lowers also. I recently bought a 2008 FLTR, that I'm upgrading before going on the road. I've bought a JVC HU, BK 7.1's for the fairing, an SS 1000D amp, some aftermarket lowers, and a King Tourpak. I've no plans atm to put speaker pods in the TP, as it will mostly be used for multiday trips. Any recommendations for the lowers? It seems the consensus so far is either Moto 602's or Focal KRC's. Now don't laugh too hard but I was bit by the JM bug and I have their fairing grills with the mid/tweets, will they compliment the BK 7.1's in series?
Run the tweets of your HU. For your lowers use the Motos.

The following users liked this post:
Ndfastln (05-06-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 09:55 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

Run the tweets of your HU. For your lowers use the Motos.
I never considered running the tweets straight from the HU, THANKS!

Old 05-07-2016, 03:03 PM
LL247
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Only thing I can share is Focal KRC, Arc Moto, Hertz Mille, etc. = Group think. Go to Facebook and look at the brands every "all of sudden" bagger audio dealer sells; its all the same stuff.....then go to a car audio forum. The Audio industry is HUGE fellas.
THIS.

I see this a lot this year. Last year I couldn't get anyone to consider a brand like Digital Designs, now that some of the large audio guys are pushing it...constantly on back order because it's the hot ticket. Now I see some guys 'introducing' new lines for bikers...brands that have been in the car audio world for years!

Obviously I need to carry the standard brands due to customer demand, but I'm testing out several alternate brands more known in the car audio world just to see how they perform. My hopes is to find that 'hidden gem' out there that has a great price point but offers killer performance.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:53 AM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
When I was out there a few months back, he was running the JM Rokker XX 6.65s all the way around.

Just sayin!!!

T.
I actually just spit my coffee half way across the room....

Quick Reply: 6.5 Speakers with good bass?