Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How is your audio percieved by others in a group

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 380 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Bro, u do know u logged into the Audio Forum, right?? Along the lines of modern sled audio trends and this thread, the ear bud thing would be somewhat comparable to going to a Rock concert wearing noise cancelling headphones.

T.
Just trying to save you guys thousands of dirty looks.
I just rode 1000 miles with a group of three other great guys, and the one guy, had his crappy sounding stereo going the whole time. He has no ear protection in, loud pipes, and weak stereo trying to be heard over it all. The radios also sound like crap to everyone around you. It kind of reminds me of the kids with their loud sub woofers that everyone has to listen to. If you need attention that badly, ride naked. It doesn't sound as bad.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:39 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks24
I just rode 1000 miles with a group of three other great guys, and the one guy, had his crappy sounding stereo going the whole time. He has no ear protection in, loud pipes, and weak stereo trying to be heard over it all. The radios also sound like crap to everyone around you. It kind of reminds me of the kids with their loud sub woofers that everyone has to listen to. If you need attention that badly, ride naked. It doesn't sound as bad.
Trust me Brotha, you would pray all day and night for my loud and obnoxious music if u saw me riding naked with ear buds!!!

Totally picking up what ur laying down.

Life gets real simple when u know your audience!! Folks with high EQs (Emotional Inteligence / Street Smarts) and average IQs are 95% more successful than folks with just high IQs.

Just sayin!!!'

T.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:41 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,236 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Just trying to save you guys thousands of dirty looks. I just rode 1000 miles with a group of three other great guys, and the one guy, had his crappy sounding stereo going the whole time. He has no ear protection in, loud pipes, and weak stereo trying to be heard over it all. The radios also sound like crap to everyone around you. It kind of reminds me of the kids with their loud sub woofers that everyone has to listen to. If you need attention that badly, ride naked. It doesn't sound as bad.
Maybe instead of coming in here and popping your mouth off about something you know absolutely nothing about, maybe you oughta send your friend over here for some help with his crappy stereo. We don't do crappy stereos here nor do we tolerate crappy attituded posters either.

The following users liked this post:
sic-puppy (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 03:45 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Maybe instead of coming in here and popping your mouth off about something you know absolutely nothing about, maybe you oughta send your friend over here for some help with his crappy stereo. We don't do crappy stereos here nor do we tolerate crappy attituded posters either.
Bates is awesome.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:45 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I was wondering where the hell u were!!!! WTF!! This guy had me up against the ropes throat punching me and u were nowhere to be found!!!!!! Lol!!!

T.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Can you say earbuds. They protect your hearing, don't cost a lot, and don't bother everyone else.
You're in the wrong forum Sir! This is the audio forum. With heavy emphasis on AUDIO.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:55 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,236 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I was wondering where the hell u were!!!! WTF!! This guy had me up against the ropes throat punching me and u were nowhere to be found!!!!!! Lol!!! T.
No sense in someone coming in our house with a Haters attitude just because he don't have what it takes to play with the Kewl Kids. Bottom line is this, Everything I've done to my bike I've done for my enjoyment and nobody else's. It's my money that paid for it and I'll play it like I damn well want to. Now with that said there are times that respect is warranted without even asking. Other than that I'll have to agree with Slye, if you don't have ***** enough to ask me to turn it down, then you'll just have to listen to whatever groove I'm diggin on.
I'll add that I have yet had anybody grow a pair of ***** yet but I have had plenty come to me and ask what was needed to get theirs to sound like mine.

Last edited by SBates08; 08-01-2016 at 03:58 PM.
slyedog (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

I see my friend SB is in total control of this situation. It's good to have friends. Lord knows we didn't want to get Haze fired up! Crisis averted!

slyedog (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 04:08 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

No sense in someone coming in our house with a Haters attitude just because he don't have what it takes to play with the Kewl Kids. Bottom line is this, Everything I've done to my bike I've done for my enjoyment and nobody else's. It's my money that paid for it and I'll play it like I damn well want to. Now with that said there are times that respect is warranted without even asking. Other than that I'll have to agree with Slye, if you don't have ***** enough to ask me to turn it down, then you'll just have to listen to whatever groove I'm diggin on.
I'll add that I have yet had anybody grow a pair of ***** yet but I have had plenty come to me and ask what was needed to get theirs to sound like mine.
Awesome statement Bates. I do try and be considerate of others, my wife makes sure of it, otherwise I could care less. I look at it is at least I am getting some feedback from others than just ignoring the whole premise behind it. At stop lights and what not I keep it down. When mobile game on. We don't stop on lot of the rides like this, we have spotters block intersections for everyone's safety.

Old 08-01-2016, 04:18 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Could give 2 rats asses about attention. My audio isn't crappy stuff like your buddy may have. I ride to enjoy myself, and that is it. If you are willing to ride bitch I'll go naked. Just don't tell anyone. Maybe we can go camping too EH!!!

Quick Reply: How is your audio percieved by others in a group