Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We're LIVE -- These are my favorite components!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 06:23 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts
Default We're LIVE -- These are my favorite components!

It's official Bagger Audio Lab is here! I'd like to share what I consider to be the best component speakers for our bikes, centered around the Digitial Design Audio AW6.5 woofer, and a selection of tweeters to help manage the cost. DD Audio is not that popular here but it's a well known brand in car audio circles for their subwoofers. Behind the scenes a few forum members have been testing these german engineered high end woofers and they love them! Hopefully they will post up some vids soon. Here's why I like this woofer so much

- The AW6.5 woofer is rated to play from 50hz - 14khz. That range is unheard of in a woofer, normally pro audio speakers play that high...but never as low as 50hz. That means this woofer gives you some great warmth AND lows AND mids AND highs. The increase in high freqs provides additional volume - they just "sound" louder. With such a wide range you also don't need a crossover for the woofer. By comparrision, if you take the Hertz MLK or Hertz MPK, the crossover is deisned for the woofer to play only up to 3500hz. That means every frequency beyond that comes from a small dome tweeter. The AW6.5 also comes with a larger 1.5 inch voice coil, and is rated from 120w to 360watts!! I'm telling you, this thing is tough to beat. To top it off the woofer is marine rated, and that's important to the guys who ride quite a bit.

Let's talk Tweeters. DD Audio has three tweeters and horns with varying price points, that will help me tier these packages -- but still centered around the homerun AW6.5 woofer.

- Give me the best! The AT28 is DD Audio's sound quality audiophile tweeter, also german enginered and designed to match the AW6.5.
- My wife won't shoot me! The BT30 is a bit larger tweeter designed for better projection. Sound quality is better than most, output is great!
- Let's go Horns. The DD VOB3 horns are the least harsh sounding horns in the biz and the only ones that fit well when cut into the rushmore fairings.
- Ok I'm on a budget: The T2 tweeter is DD's entry level line. Oddly enough they play just as loud as the rest of the tweeters but not as crisp.

All tweeters come with the DD TXO-HP crossover, horns come with capacitors.....and guess what else --- all tweeters are also marine rated!

Digital Design also offers the DD D4 amp (about 9x5) for those looking to bridge an amp to power these monsters. At 240x2 bridged there's tons of power and headroom at a great price and these amps are marine rated as well.

Feel free to PM me or email me for product information; I can help you find a local dealer if necessary. I promised you guys I would start sharing some of the things I like to use. While these speakers I wouldn't classify them as "Top Secret" they are my favorites components and just recently am I starting to see more folks use them. Hopefully Tailwind and Gannicus can post some vids up soon!

Ride safe fellas! There's a lot of good audio out there to enjoy on the road!
Haze

Last edited by BaggerAudioLab; 12-24-2016 at 09:19 AM.
The following 8 users liked this post by BaggerAudioLab:
JMC22 (01-10-2017), Jr9811 (12-22-2016), Makdaddy (12-22-2016), Michigan (12-26-2016), MMXIWG (12-22-2016), pglider (12-22-2016), scumBAGGER (12-22-2016), WestTexasRanger (12-22-2016) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-22-2016, 06:28 AM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 578 Likes on 305 Posts

Whoo-hoo Haze! Been waiting for this for awhile now. Gotta run over to the classified section. See ya' soon!

Old 12-22-2016, 06:41 AM
legoiii
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations

Old 12-22-2016, 06:57 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

thats the speakers the guy down in Springfield had won the stereo competition with, he also had a 10i full in one bag and I believe a 10sub in the other bag this was a real sleeper set up...He had the arc amp on the fronts and you could really hear how that was (a little less) than the rear end of the bike The owner was saying he going to the DD amp on the fronts (same as the rear)
Really nice set up...

Haze, right after Daytona we will be talking.. its time

I have one concern with the bag set ups!! do you guys running a speaker on the inside of the bag (pointed towards wheels) how is this set up for water? keep everything dry inside bag?

Old 12-22-2016, 07:59 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER

Haze, right after Daytona we will be talking.. its time
Dude are you going to Daytona? I'll likely be back by then, come down to Miami for an extra two days and we'll do your entire bike. We build custom adaptors for the bags, they're water proof.

The following users liked this post:
scumBAGGER (12-22-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 08:10 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
Dude are you going to Daytona? I'll likely be back by then, come down to Miami for an extra two days and we'll do your entire bike. We build custom adaptors for the bags, they're water proof.
Man I wish I could make something work but funds are a issue till April... $^&$ this could of work out perfect!! good friend from Orlando is taking our bikes down In February to his place then we are heading to the keys the week before Bike week, then the weekend in Daytona.
I was going drop you a note see if you can help with route around Miami.
Man Maybe I better just get a second job so we can put this together....

on our way down to the keys we will be staying at a hotel near Miami march 11th and plan to take ride into Miami beach for food and drinks maybe you can slip away and let me buy ya a beer....

Last edited by scumBAGGER; 12-22-2016 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:22 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Is there any way to squeeze 2 of those D4 amps into a Rushmore batwing fairing?

Old 12-22-2016, 09:20 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Is there any way to squeeze 2 of those D4 amps into a Rushmore batwing fairing?
I don't know of any way to squeeze two of them. How many speakers are you trying to push?

Old 12-22-2016, 09:26 AM
wideglide100
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

First off. Kudos to you and all who has helped bring this to fruition!! Question, Are you suggesting you can run both sets, AW6.5 and AT28, off the D4 bridged and wired in parallel with no crossover network? Or use D4 in 4 channel mode Bi amping the components using only LPF & HPF to dial in frequency response to each? Thanks again for your passion and dedication to this community!

Old 12-22-2016, 09:32 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned

WG...thanks man! The AT28 is wired to the TXO-HP crossover, I should've been clearer in my post. You can run the tweeter and woofer together bridged off the D4 at around 200w and it sounds killer. No need for a crossover with the woofer. We'll get some vids posted so you can hear them.

Quick Reply: We're LIVE -- These are my favorite components!