Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics Amp and Speaker package install 2016 Street Glide Special

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 11:51 AM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Great install nevera! Looks good bro! Perfect example on how to do it right the first time!!

I like NEAT!

Old 02-25-2017, 04:10 PM
Chopper Man
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Very nice and clean!!!! I bought some 6.5 Titan IIs and a 2180 amp off the site. I think I'm going to try and experiment by doing some porting with tubes and not just drilling holes. See how it turns out. You went the smart way, I'll probably spend a couple weekends messing with it and the then buy the BT brackets out of frustration.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:39 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Nice clean install Nevera!!!

Old 02-26-2017, 05:34 AM
nevera7
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the feedback, I took a ride yesterday to a Vintage Bike Show in Jupiter Florida and it was really awesome to see all the old bikes. I had a chance to listen to the speakers and I'm definitely going to call Biketronics to see if I can adjust the sound a bit. I feel there is no depth or warmth to these speakers, they just sound really tiny and clear almost to a point they hurt my ears.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:02 AM
nevera7
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recorded the stereo sound before and after, let me know what you think, it was on a Iphone 7plus.

Before:

After:

Old 02-26-2017, 10:11 AM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 259 Likes on 168 Posts

Definitely more bass, or as some say warmer with the stock set-up, but hey I'm new to all of this so take it for what it's worth. I'm getting rid of a stock 2012 stock HU with a PBR 300 and Kappa's because I wanted more bass. The Kappa's sound a lot like your 7.1s, lots of volume and pretty clear, but really to high for my taste. Going with recommendations from T and Haze.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:34 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by nevera7
Thanks for all the feedback, I took a ride yesterday to a Vintage Bike Show in Jupiter Florida and it was really awesome to see all the old bikes. I had a chance to listen to the speakers and I'm definitely going to call Biketronics to see if I can adjust the sound a bit. I feel there is no depth or warmth to these speakers, they just sound really tiny and clear almost to a point they hurt my ears.
The standard 7.1s that you have are a very "bright" speaker. Bigger isn't always better, as some folks prefer the Titan 6.5s to the 7.1s. I have no doubt that Biketronics will make you happy.

Did you wrap any polyfill around the backs of the speakers? Sometimes that helps.

Do you wear a full-face helmet when you ride?

I always wear a full-face helmet, primarily with the visor "up" and the 7.1s were still very bright. Wearing cheap foam earplugs with my helmet helped considerably.

It appears in Video #1 (stock speakers) that you have the volume cranked up to about 3/4. Is that correct?

I didn't see the volume level in Video #2 (Biketronics system) but you crank it up to 3/4, it should be screaming. What is the volume at in the second Video?

Old 02-26-2017, 07:09 PM
timbo141
Road Warrior
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

Remember new speakers need some time to break in.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:30 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

My 7.1's treated me well for a season (10k miles)
I recently changed speakers (components) and don't believe the 7.1's will go back in
Nothing wrong with them, but I upgraded front/rear.
That's also part of the problem with the BT brackets --- they make it too easy to change speakers. Hahaha.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:36 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by nevera7
I ran these speakers for about a year and never found them to sound tinny.

What is the software version installed?
1. Hold the Mute button in and turn the ignition to Acc
2. When the Accept button displays release the Mute and press Accept
3. Scroll down to Version Information and select
4. Scroll up to Version. This will be the downloaded software version

The default LL settings should look like the pics below.

Have you performed a pre-calibration reset?

Attached Thumbnails Biketronics Amp and Speaker package install 2016 Street Glide Special-default-gain-setting.jpg   Biketronics Amp and Speaker package install 2016 Street Glide Special-default-hpf-setting.jpg  

Quick Reply: Biketronics Amp and Speaker package install 2016 Street Glide Special