Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio Systems (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems-153/)
-   -   Amp Bench Test time!! Which ones? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems/1173864-amp-bench-test-time-which-ones.html)

cpbedor 05-01-2017 05:12 PM

I have a not in use JL 280/4 also if he needs one for testing

nfms39 05-02-2017 10:01 AM

No "Budget" amps this time??? ��

BaggerAudioLab 05-02-2017 10:14 AM

The Arc and Fosgate were tested by Slye and hit rated numbers. AAWAV also tested the Fosgate and 4180 previously. We have a limit to how many amps AAWAV can do so I'd like to maximize his time on some of the premium amps being widely used across the motorcycle audio industry.

The HDP4 would be cool too, but having ran that amp for a while I can say with confidence that amp does rated power. No secret there!! What I'm really curious to test are these amps that cost a lot of money and have some solid published numbers....are they really making those numbers?? Things are always evolving and changing, new products always being released -- let's test those. Someone asked about the MMats 6150...that amp has a ridiculous price tag, but would be super neat to try that out and introduce it to the group with solid numbers.

Makdaddy 05-02-2017 10:49 AM

BAL

Could we get a consolidated thread on the amps that have been and will be tested
I know that the tests may have been by different members
But sorta of a one stop for amps

BaggerAudioLab 05-02-2017 12:20 PM

Mak, I think we can add it to the sticky on the main page.

pdevore 05-02-2017 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab (Post 16195869)
The Arc and Fosgate were tested by Slye and hit rated numbers. AAWAV also tested the Fosgate and 4180 previously. We have a limit to how many amps AAWAV can do so I'd like to maximize his time on some of the premium amps being widely used across the motorcycle audio industry.

The HDP4 would be cool too, but having ran that amp for a while I can say with confidence that amp does rated power. No secret there!! What I'm really curious to test are these amps that cost a lot of money and have some solid published numbers....are they really making those numbers?? Things are always evolving and changing, new products always being released -- let's test those. Someone asked about the MMats 6150...that amp has a ridiculous price tag, but would be super neat to try that out and introduce it to the group with solid numbers.

Alex,
I know the price on that is up there but, I would consider using one IF I could fit it in the fairing of the RG.

Now I would have one question, is there a way of running channels with different inputs? What I mean here is, with the DSP I may want 2 sets of Mmats coming from the same signal on the DSP into say channels 1/2 and 3/4, then another channel out of the DSP into channels 5/6 on that amp. (I guess the next step is a second DSP or a larger unit) :)

If this is not possible then I wouldn't see much use for an amp this large that will only have controls on the AMP and not allow someone to get really granular with the tuning.

Pete

matt76cmich 05-02-2017 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by pdevore (Post 16196283)
Alex,
I know the price on that is up there but, I would consider using one IF I could fit it in the fairing of the RG.

Now I would have one question, is there a way of running channels with different inputs? What I mean here is, with the DSP I may want 2 sets of Mmats coming from the same signal on the DSP into say channels 1/2 and 3/4, then another channel out of the DSP into channels 5/6 on that amp. (I guess the next step is a second DSP or a larger unit) :)

If this is not possible then I wouldn't see much use for an amp this large that will only have controls on the AMP and not allow someone to get really granular with the tuning.

Pete

Looking at this picture i don't see why something like the Arc PSM wouldn't work on the Hifi 6150. It has 6 inputs and the PSM has 6 outputs. You'd be able to control each set of channels on the amp with the PSM.

BaggerAudioLab 05-02-2017 01:47 PM

Yeah....it works, but HIGHLY doubt your getting that into a fairing. It's a pretty stout amp!

yooperhog 05-02-2017 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab (Post 16196488)
Yeah....it works, but HIGHLY doubt your getting that into a fairing. It's a pretty stout amp!

next step is custom fairings???

pdevore 05-02-2017 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by yooperhog (Post 16196870)
next step is custom fairings???

Shut it Yoop..... Don't give any more ideas.