Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible September Meet and Greet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 07:40 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Really hope this catches on and moves around the country a bit more. Too much beautiful country in the fall to miss out on if you never get further away than Illinois or Iowa.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:44 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Really hope this catches on and moves around the country a bit more. Too much beautiful country in the fall to miss out on if you never get further away than Illinois or Iowa.
Has a lot to do with with where the people who are interested are from. I'd definitely like to see someone try to get a west coast, east coast, somewhere in the South, and etc etc. Just a great way to meet the guys you BS with on here and hear the different setups.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:48 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
Has a lot to do with with where the people who are interested are from. I'd definitely like to see someone try to get a west coast, east coast, somewhere in the South, and etc etc. Just a great way to meet the guys you BS with on here and hear the different setups.
Totally agree. T in Texas, Haze in Florida, I'm in Virginia just for starters. Gotta branch out a bit is all I'm saying. 👍

Old 07-05-2017, 08:32 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Totally agree. T in Texas, Haze in Florida, I'm in Virginia just for starters. Gotta branch out a bit is all I'm saying. 👍
Get it goin! Lol. Just need someone to step up and take the reigns. Slye started the last one and I'm trying to keep this one going.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:38 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

1. Matt Michigan
2. Mike Joliet Illinois
3. Babyboy Illinois
4. DSM Limited - DesMoines, IA
5. yooper. upper mich
6. Adenton Illinois
7. Blackpearl Wisconsin
8. Bladeguy Wisconsin
9. BigBadAllis Michigan
10.Jt Metal (Joe) northern Illinois

So out of the 10 above (or more), which would you prefer, ride along Lake Michigan and check out the Harley Museum or head to Prairie du Chien? If we can narrow that down I'll start finding hotels/motels for the weekend of Sept 8th.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:15 AM
bladeguy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I live only a mile or two from the Harley museum. If we choose this location I would recommend we ride in either the southern or northern Kettle moraine area or the Holy Hill area instead of along the lake Michigan coast. More interesting terrain and twisty roads. These areas are about a half to 3/4 hour west/NW/SW of Milwaukee depending on what we pick. If we do these areas I can tour guide to fun roads and watering holes. I also recommend the Devils lake area which is more central Wisconsin. Just about anything west of Madison to the Mississippi in south or central WI is beautiful country!

Last edited by bladeguy; 07-05-2017 at 10:28 AM.
The following users liked this post:
matt76cmich (07-05-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 01:30 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by bladeguy
I live only a mile or two from the Harley museum. If we choose this location I would recommend we ride in either the southern or northern Kettle moraine area or the Holy Hill area instead of along the lake Michigan coast. More interesting terrain and twisty roads. These areas are about a half to 3/4 hour west/NW/SW of Milwaukee depending on what we pick. If we do these areas I can tour guide to fun roads and watering holes. I also recommend the Devils lake area which is more central Wisconsin. Just about anything west of Madison to the Mississippi in south or central WI is beautiful country!
Hmmmm.....Tour guide, huh. That's what is missing. I guy who knows the lay of the land. Awesome.......

Old 07-05-2017, 01:40 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by jt metal
Hmmmm.....Tour guide, huh. That's what is missing. I guy who knows the lay of the land. Awesome.......
id have to agree kettle moraine is better than any lake michigan shoreline in WI

Old 07-05-2017, 01:55 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, do we want to lock that in?

Old 07-05-2017, 02:05 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

I know the ride from Prarie de chien to Lacrosse is a great ride both sides of the river, would be a nice loop...never been to the HD mueum...devils Lake area is also nice...mmmmm????

Quick Reply: Possible September Meet and Greet?