Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which PA Speaker: PRV vs MMats vs. DD Audio vs Hertz

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 08:45 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Bunker
I'm SO glad you finally posted this, those Tempesta's are one of the best PA speakers for Tour Pak pods

I was pretty damn impressed with these little beauties.

You do need a solid front stage though, I wouldn't say they are great by themselves but in the Tour Pak with the MMats up front, I was very happy with the Temp's. MUCH better than the 602's they replaced and I'm a 602 fanboi lol
That seems to be the story line with most of these PA style / specialty speakers in that they are "conditional". I too like the Tempesta in the pods and the possibly the lowers for those needing slims in that lower location. Mmats I no likey in the fairing but again it does ok in other locations. Beyma & PRV are solid in the fairing.

Again, ALL of these speakers sound like ***** as stand alone speakers so before u jump in the deep end, make sure u have an extremely balanced system laid out or u will regret it. If u don't believe me, fade to any speaker on your sled, jam ur favorite song and play it crossed to not let any lows in under 95 and no highs above 6500.

T.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:43 PM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

As always, great thread. With 3 location s for 6.5s this will be one to follow!! Thanks guys.
Kris

Old 07-05-2017, 07:02 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

I was just went to the MMats website and saw this for the first time on their page, thought it was worth sharing and hope this is relevant to this post.

Attached Thumbnails Which PA Speaker: PRV vs MMats vs. DD Audio vs Hertz-screenshot_20170705-075901.jpg  
Old 07-05-2017, 07:22 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
I was just went to the MMats website and saw this for the first time on their page, thought it was worth sharing and hope this is relevant to this post.

That's awesome to see. When I spoke with the owner of MMats last month he mentioned his meeting with CAMTECH. That's good to see that CAMTECH is on board with MMats as they are a big player in custom baggers.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:57 AM
cfave
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Finally got my Beyma Pro6WND speakers installed and tuned up. After a LOT of help from Tailwind and advice from Pdevore. I took them out for a ride! WOW! They sound great! Clean Crisp and at 70+ they didnt miss a beat! The Pro6WND are the 4ohm version of the Pro6GND 8ohm speakers and are hard to find but, damn if they dont sound great! Adding DD AW6.5s and AT28 tweets to the mix but the efficiency of these Beymas are fantastic 97db and they scream!

Old 07-05-2017, 09:43 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

When I installed my lowers, I initially went with the PRV 6MB-200-4 mid bass woofers and they did sound good. https://www.parts-express.com/prv-au...-ohm--294-2703
But, being the frugal guy I am, I tried the Orion CM65 midrange speakers and they are a nice improvement. Can't be the $55 cost either http://www.orioncaraudio.com/cm-series/741--cm65.html
Amazon Amazon

Old 07-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by cfave
Finally got my Beyma Pro6WND speakers installed and tuned up. After a LOT of help from Tailwind and advice from Pdevore. I took them out for a ride! WOW! They sound great! Clean Crisp and at 70+ they didnt miss a beat! The Pro6WND are the 4ohm version of the Pro6GND 8ohm speakers and are hard to find but, damn if they dont sound great! Adding DD AW6.5s and AT28 tweets to the mix but the efficiency of these Beymas are fantastic 97db and they scream!
This is a great informative thread. Takes guys a little out of the warm and cozy comfort zone of coaxial and component speakers. I very rarely talk about my own system because It normally has a very short window. . .lol

Haze actually introduced me to the PRV's a couple years back when we called em area 51 speakers and I've probably installed 10 sets of PRO audio speakers in my bike since then. Everything from eminence to crescendo's.

PRV are the best of the best. Can't beat em if properly tuned with the right amp. I'm presently running PRV in my upper, lower and saddle bag locations and I have to say they are THE BEST PRO audio speaker I've come across and trust me I've come across quite a few! You guys with the 13 and down bikes throw a set of DD VOB3 horns in your gauge holes and a set of PRV NEO's in the upper and lower fairing and you'll NEVER change speakers in those locations again. Take it to the bank.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:35 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

^^^^^Yup That^^^^^
The PRV Neos paired with the B3 horns will be hard to beat.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:55 AM
Markeje
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome info - So what would the 6MR500-NDY-4ohm be like with the AT28's and Arc Moto 600.4 in front fairing? I see these PVR's are 250rms. I think the DD's are much lower?

Old 07-05-2017, 11:04 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Markeje
Awesome info - So what would the 6MR500-NDY-4ohm be like with the AT28's and Arc Moto 600.4 in front fairing? I see these PVR's are 250rms. I think the DD's are much lower?
You want horns with these speakers brother. The PRV are so darn loud it will drown out a dome tweeter. Like Gann mentioned I've been using these speakers for a few years now and am now luckily a distributor for them. I've tried them with many different combos.....you need a horn.

The following 2 users liked this post by BaggerAudioLab:
bdrummer0413 (09-11-2018), Markeje (07-05-2017)

Quick Reply: Which PA Speaker: PRV vs MMats vs. DD Audio vs Hertz