Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New FOCAL Fairing amp 4x175w!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 08:14 PM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,494 Likes on 1,244 Posts

Originally Posted by luc.who
Kojak, did you remove the stock amp? I have a stock amp in my bag, and would like to recover that space. I have 8 speakers on my stock set up, not sure what the CVO limited set up was. Do you mind sharing a little more information on stock and what you did with the install?
Yup, I have a focal 4 ch amp mounted in fairing running all four speakers. Really good speakers with a powerful high quality amp doesn't need more than that. For more speakers than that, you need a second amp.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:15 PM
Taz Sellers
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

looking to get the new Focal sport amp for my 2017 SG to pair with Hertz MPX 165.3 in the fairing and MPX 690.3 when my new bag lids come
what FLASH do I need to tell the dealer to flash my Boom GT 6.5 to so I can avoid having to get BT355 or magicbox
or I am better off avoiding a FLASH and getting the BT355 or magicbox

Old 11-30-2017, 03:34 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Taz Sellers
looking to get the new Focal sport amp for my 2017 SG to pair with Hertz MPX 165.3 in the fairing and MPX 690.3 when my new bag lids come
what FLASH do I need to tell the dealer to flash my Boom GT 6.5 to so I can avoid having to get BT355 or magicbox
or I am better off avoiding a FLASH and getting the BT355 or magicbox
A simple Flash will not allow you to avoid having to use a BT355. The other alternative is to use the Arc DSP. No BT355 needed but there's a bit of a learning curve to tuning with it. It's about the size of a pack of smokes and fits easily under the hood.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:16 AM
Taz Sellers
4th Gear

so i am even more confused over choices seems there are too many..... Would appreciate some honest opinions - I've got some folks saying Peter Jensen at Soundz is the man and to get the Soundz amp and the new IRON series 6.5's
that Hertz are a joke and the BT stuff sounds like crap. Others saying that I can get a rocking system with CVB52 amp and Infinity Kappa speakers. Others preach FOCAL which I can believe as I have their studio monitors in my recording studio.

I have not been able to find a good BIKE audio place in my area (philly suburbs)to be able to go and just listen to some installed systems I just want a killer system of 2 speakers in the fairing that will give me some punch (able to feel and hear the mid bass on hwy)
that sounds clean and accurate without having to dump $1000

Suggestions please

The following users liked this post:
Stache18 (12-29-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 11:57 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

so i am even more confused over choices seems there are too many..... Would appreciate some honest opinions - I've got some folks saying Peter Jensen at Soundz is the man and to get the Soundz amp and the new IRON series 6.5's
that Hertz are a joke and the BT stuff sounds like crap. Others saying that I can get a rocking system with CVB52 amp and Infinity Kappa speakers. Others preach FOCAL which I can believe as I have their studio monitors in my recording studio.

I have not been able to find a good BIKE audio place in my area (philly suburbs)to be able to go and just listen to some installed systems I just want a killer system of 2 speakers in the fairing that will give me some punch (able to feel and hear the mid bass on hwy)

Suggestions please
Your budget and riding/listening preferences are going to drive your choices. The Cerwun Vega/Infinity setup is a good budget setup that will blow your stock system away. Good and loud but not the best sound quality. If you want warmer sounds with more mid-bass you are going to want to spend some more. Focals are great quality but much more expensive so you have to take that into consideration. BT are high quality with lifetime warranty but are a little more expensive and their amps are not tunable. Most people will tell you that the speakers are not as warm (more treble and not as much mid bass).

Last edited by MMXIWG; 12-07-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:24 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Suggestions please

Gonna be tough to have volume, clarity and midbass at volume without spending some cash. ALl the focal and Hertz stuff is gonna run you much more than 1000.00

Old 12-07-2017, 12:33 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Suggestions please
Not sure how close you are to them, but they are in Philly.

Xotic Customs

Old 12-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Taz Sellers
4th Gear

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
Not sure how close you are to them, but they are in Philly.

Xotic Customs
thanks I’m pretty close to philly I’ll check them out to see if they have a few I can listen to

Old 12-07-2017, 08:22 PM
08FXDL
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Any bench numbers on this amp? I've got one being delivered tomorrow and I know what it's rated for but curious as to what it actually puts out.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:05 AM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts

Suggestions please
Keep an eye on the Audio For Sale section of the Forum. You can save a few bucks...on amps & speakers as people chase the latest greatess. Pick up some Speaker brackets from Biketronics when on sale, as I don't think they can be found used at least not often.

Your notion of feel and hear midbass at highway speed 2 speaker system under $1000 is a pretty tall order... Keep in mind that what you hear pimping in the parking lot, will sound different at 70 mph ... my experience has been more speed equals less bass.

Welcome and good luck unicorn hunting

Last edited by No U Glider; 12-08-2017 at 12:14 AM.

Quick Reply: New FOCAL Fairing amp 4x175w!