Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mild M8 Road Glide suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 11:53 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
No sir. That was Bunker.
OOP's, I thought it was you or Bunker, I always mixed you guy's up...Bunker,,Bates...Bates...Bunker...lol! I haven't seen Bunker on here lately...he had a page with all his video's on it I think?? :

Old 02-15-2018, 04:34 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Wow, y'all got my head spinning with information overload!!! First of all I am very grateful for all of the support but almost everything mentioned is Greek to me. I don't know if you are talking about speakers or amps unless it is a brand I recognize like Polk, Cerwin Vega or the like.

I just recently upgraded my 7 channel Onkyo home receiver at home just for surround sound and have decent speakers but looking to upgrade all but the JBL subwoofer. That is being it's own challenge.

I need this setup to go in the fairing of my 2017 Road Glide Special. I still have the J&M amp from an 05 Road Glide but from what I understand the ohms are not compatible? When I removed it from the bike I neglected to remove the speaker wire harness and J&M wanted to charge me 100 and change just for the harness so don't care to do business there.

Back on point, and again, VERY GRATEFUL for the help, but now that I have been more specific with the bike I am hoping for more clarity on the equipment such as speaker brands and amplifier brands. And links would be a ton of help.

Thanks so much!!!

Old 02-15-2018, 05:31 AM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 120 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
Wow, y'all got my head spinning with information overload!!! First of all I am very grateful for all of the support but almost everything mentioned is Greek to me. I don't know if you are talking about speakers or amps unless it is a brand I recognize like Polk, Cerwin Vega or the like.

I just recently upgraded my 7 channel Onkyo home receiver at home just for surround sound and have decent speakers but looking to upgrade all but the JBL subwoofer. That is being it's own challenge.

I need this setup to go in the fairing of my 2017 Road Glide Special. I still have the J&M amp from an 05 Road Glide but from what I understand the ohms are not compatible? When I removed it from the bike I neglected to remove the speaker wire harness and J&M wanted to charge me 100 and change just for the harness so don't care to do business there.

Back on point, and again, VERY GRATEFUL for the help, but now that I have been more specific with the bike I am hoping for more clarity on the equipment such as speaker brands and amplifier brands. And links would be a ton of help.

Thanks so much!!!
There have been alot of ideas tossed your way. The biggest deciding factor will be how much money are you willing to spend? You can get it done for $350 or move to the next level up for probably around $650. Post that and you will get definitive answers.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:55 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Like I said before...The Moto 602's need 180-200 watts to come alive. Sure the 600.4 puts out 150 watts and for some that would be plenty. Most folks don't realize those speakers can handle much more than the 600.4 can deliver.
Not only that. The Moto's don't even sound good with that amp. I have no Idea what Arc was thinking with this MPAK nonsense. If you want to hear a set of Moto's sound like they should. Bridge a JL 400/4 to a set. Blows the MPAK nonsense away.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:37 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Originally Posted by USAproud
There have been alot of ideas tossed your way. The biggest deciding factor will be how much money are you willing to spend? You can get it done for $350 or move to the next level up for probably around $650. Post that and you will get definitive answers.
I think I already mentioned that I don't want to break the bank, just be able to clearly hear the tunes at highway speeds. If I can do this for sub $400 I would be very happy with that. In the 6 months or so I have owned this latest bike I have already dumped a boatload of coin into it.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:49 PM
USAproud
Road Warrior

I think I already mentioned that I don't want to break the bank, just be able to clearly hear the tunes at highway speeds. If I can do this for sub $400 I would be very happy with that. In the 6 months or so I have owned this latest bike I have already dumped a boatload of coin into it.
Check the classifieds, kappas and BT line leveler on there. The soundstream pn2.350d amp should make those kappas sing nice. Misc wiring and you will be under your $400 Mark. Everybodies bank is a different size so actual dollar amounts help.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:47 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Originally Posted by USAproud
Check the classifieds, kappas and BT line leveler on there. The soundstream pn2.350d amp should make those kappas sing nice. Misc wiring and you will be under your $400 Mark. Everybodies bank is a different size so actual dollar amounts help.
Link to the post please? I searched but apparently that is one of my many weaknesses. Searched in Touring classifieds.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:55 PM
yank721
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=nobodyknowsme;17097672]Link to the post please? I searched but apparently that is one of my many weaknesses. Searched in Touring classifieds.[/QUOTE

Look in motorcycle audio classifieds above the touring section

Old 02-16-2018, 05:12 PM
USAproud
Road Warrior

[QUOTE=yank721;17097692]
Link to the post please? I searched but apparently that is one of my many weaknesses. Searched in Touring classifieds.[/QUOTE

I was just going to say that

Old 02-16-2018, 05:28 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

[QUOTE=yank721;17097692]
Link to the post please? I searched but apparently that is one of my many weaknesses. Searched in Touring classifieds.[/QUOTE

Yeah, finally found that section of the forum. Just trying to find bike specific amps/speakers continues to elude me, here or online elsewhere.

Quick Reply: Mild M8 Road Glide suggestions