Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DB Drive WDX6MOTO

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 09:29 PM
paul1970
Tourer
Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

anybody know if a SS 2.350 is enough to power them

Old 02-18-2018, 09:35 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Any body running these in lowers that have had Mmats or PRV's to compare them to...good specs...would they even fit!

Old 02-18-2018, 10:59 PM
ridez
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyboy
The previous post was misleading as you didn't include the other 2 speakers that's what threw my the curve ball.

Im don't claim the guru status as I know enough to put some stuff together and make it sound good. That just gets me in trouble and leads me to empty pockets on a regular bases
My bad. Yes it's getting 125 each and it sounds good in my garage while sitting still.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:26 PM
sharps45100
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone mounted these in a Rushmore batwing fairing and if so how?
Like inside or outside of pods or with BT speaker brackets.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:20 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
Any body running these in lowers that have had Mmats or PRV's to compare them to...good specs...would they even fit!
I'm getting ready to install a set in a 15 RG. I also have a set of PRV's In my bike and will have similar power to both. I'll let you know how they compare, as best I can.

The following users liked this post:
Moto Mike (02-20-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 06:06 PM
Houston_t
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
Not sure about lowers but they will not fit in road glide pods without modification if thats any indication of their size

Old 02-20-2018, 07:05 PM
Philokc
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Lower pods with db motos

Thought I'd share this with others who are thinking about installing db motos in the lower pods. It took around 5-6 hours to complete the install for both sides. It was very time consuming for the simple fact my lowers were already painted. I took the time to mask off the front face of the pod to avoid scratching them. This time I wanted the speakers to fit flush inside for a cleaner look.If you don't want them to fit flush inside the pod you can use the plastic speaker ring, then the speaker then the stock grills to cover it. I know this beacuse on my first try on another set of pods that's what i did, but you will still have to grind(sand) the inside of the pod for the speaker to fit.

Step 1....Mask of the front of the pod (don't skimp cover it all), this includes the inner pod lip where the speaker screw holes are. I taped about 1/4 inch inside the pod. If you do a nice tape job this decrease your chance of your chuck scratching the outside and inner area of the pod while grinding.

Step 2...Get your drill and find a 80 grit sanding roller style bit that fits in the drill about 1 inch long. I found mine at ACE hardware in the paint section.

Step 3...Get comfy, this will take a while. Take the drill and start grinding down the inside portion on the pod, do a little bit at a time, DON'T get in a hurry. It probably took a good 30 min to grind off enough plastic on the inside for the speaker to drop in with the large capacitor. Have your speaker handy so you can test fit the speaker to fit the pod. The majority of the sanding is done on the top and the bottom of the inner pod about 3 1/2" deep. You will have to sand the sides as well but not as much as the top and bottom. The trick is to grind enough out so when you test fit the speaker you clear the capacitor and can see all 4 of the holes. I took off the large rubber around the speaker so I didn't have to spend a lot of time on the side of the pods. I used a set of the DS18 black grills for my speaker covers. You will have to get something to cut out the center portion of the grill (dremel tool is your friend). I also used the dremel tool to carefully sand the outside edge of the speaker grill so it would fit flush inside the pod. Once you get the speaker and grill holes to line up your done. I found some #8, 3/4" long screws that hold everything nice and tight. Make sure to screw the 4 pod holes out before mounting anything it makes it easier to get everything lined up.

This is what it looks like now. The color is off but the guys at Advan Black
are making it right. Great customer service.

Old setup on the left ,New look on the right,

[IMG]https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdforums.com-vbulletin/2000x1124/80-20180219_142522_8959e349695c02c2bd83d9d5a082dc7d72 2a1f0f.jpg[/IM
G]

New speaker lids are next, cant wait.

Send me a message if you have anymore questions

The following users liked this post:
Bluesman280 (11-26-2019)
Old 02-20-2018, 07:30 PM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 111 Posts

That looks awesome Phil. Very nice work and great write up on the process. I too am trying to get those grills to work currently for lowers. I will call you this weekend to chat about it.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:36 PM
Philokc
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by USAproud
That looks awesome Phil. Very nice work and great write up on the process. I too am trying to get those grills to work currently for lowers. I will call you this weekend to chat about it.
Ty sir. Call me anytime...

Old 02-20-2018, 08:33 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Well that answers my question about the DS18 grills fitting. Next question....was it worth all the work?

Quick Reply: DB Drive WDX6MOTO