Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New system installed and tuned

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Mike14SG
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am enjoying it very much and cant wait to enjoy it more when I have more time to ride. Going to clean up a few things tonight and tie down some of the wires and ill get the flash so that I can get fade control.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:08 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike14SG
I am enjoying it very much and cant wait to enjoy it more when I have more time to ride. Going to clean up a few things tonight and tie down some of the wires and ill get the flash so that I can get fade control.
These guys might be able to point u towards the best deals on Dynamat or Second Skin as well.

And that upper inner bolt on the pod removal bracket was supposed to be included with that BT hardware if I'm not mistaken.

T

Old 03-12-2018, 02:31 PM
Mike14SG
Cruiser

Yeah I will be on the look out for the Dynamat to put on the backside of the front fairing. Haven't started looking yet because I had a list of Honey-Do's after spending all day at your place Saturday lol .. But guys if there are any recommendations for the best price on Dynamat I'm all ears.

Ok just got off the phone with Donna and she talked to Mike and he said that the engineering done was without that spacer and according to them and the research done it isn't required or needed that is why they aren't putting it in there kits. Mike said they are looking at possibly testing with that and see what the results say if it proves to be needed then they will add it. Now with all that said I will still add it to my bike it cant hurt that's the way it was designed from HD.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:52 PM
Matty_d
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Where/who did you get the motos from? I am trying to hunt them down.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:55 PM
Mike14SG
Cruiser

Got them from a guy on here.

Old 03-12-2018, 03:38 PM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Matty_d
Where/who did you get the motos from? I am trying to hunt them down.
Spork customs on facebook

Old 03-12-2018, 03:51 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

I doubt it's the best price out there, but Klock Werks makes a pre cut kit. If you're willing to pay a little more to have the pieces pre-cut this may be worth it got you.

https://www.getklocked.com/shop/dyna...l-kit-for-flht

Zach
Originally Posted by Mike14SG
Yeah I will be on the look out for the Dynamat to put on the backside of the front fairing. Haven't started looking yet because I had a list of Honey-Do's after spending all day at your place Saturday lol .. But guys if there are any recommendations for the best price on Dynamat I'm all ears.

Ok just got off the phone with Donna and she talked to Mike and he said that the engineering done was without that spacer and according to them and the research done it isn't required or needed that is why they aren't putting it in there kits. Mike said they are looking at possibly testing with that and see what the results say if it proves to be needed then they will add it. Now with all that said I will still add it to my bike it cant hurt that's the way it was designed from HD.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

This little nylon spacer at Hone Depot with 1/4 20 bolt will do the trick to stabilize that inner fairing. Makes a big difference.

And I seriously doubt u need the precut Dynamat. U could prob take the entire sled apart and put it back together in an hour thus I think u can cut a few pieces of Dynamat without concern.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-2-in-x...5008/204276571

T

Old 03-12-2018, 04:29 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind

And that upper inner bolt on the pod removal bracket was supposed to be included with that BT hardware if I'm not mistaken.

T
I just drilled mine out over the weekend & I think it stabilizes the BT bracket so much better - thanks for telling me about it the other week

Old 03-12-2018, 04:41 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

The new brackets come with the hole predrilled but no hardware for it.

Quick Reply: New system installed and tuned