Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6x9 speaker selection

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 07:45 AM
Msquad
Road Captain
Received 177 Likes on 121 Posts

I'm very pleased with my Hertz ECX 690.5 6x9s - would buy again. So far, they don't seem to get hot at all. Great sensitivity with some good bass.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:10 AM
ScoobyDooHarley
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockford Fosgate
This is referring to flattening the EQ when flashing the radio. It's not a specific "Rockford Flash", but rather the settings within the software when flashing the radio (2 Speakers - Upper Fairing/1 Amp). If you don't flash the radio you severely clip the radio outputs feeding your amplifier. Using passive or in-line filters just attenuates an already clipped signal, so it will be distorted even before the signal is amplified.

Harley-Davidson uses this EQ on their BOOM! Audio systems that are not equipped with external amplifiers.
Harley-Davidson removes this EQ when upgrading BOOM! systems with external amps.

HD can't OR won't flash? Did I read this correctly that they can't flash to remove the EQ?

Old 07-20-2018, 08:23 PM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 427 Likes on 371 Posts

Man, looking at that EQ curve explains why AVC is such bad news on the Rushmore head units. It looks like they designed it with the sole intention of blowing speakers. Garbage in, garbage out so to speak.

I wonder if one day Iron Cross Audio will ever get involved with the 6.5 Boom Boxes? That's one thing I like about my pre-Rushmore HK head unit; real low level outputs (installed by ICA) and no funky EQ curve to shred speakers. If ICA (or anyone else) could add preamps and flatline the EQ to the 6.5 Boom Boxes it seems like that would be the best of both worlds.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:26 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 574 Posts

anyone with the Techno Research tool can reflash the boom box head units. i do it frequently at my shop. other shops have the tool and can do the job. you can always check the RF website and find a dealer (RF) that can hook you up.
m

Old 07-22-2018, 07:12 AM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,293 Likes on 2,961 Posts

Originally Posted by marcodarq
anyone with the Techno Research tool can reflash the boom box head units. i do it frequently at my shop. other shops have the tool and can do the job. you can always check the RF website and find a dealer (RF) that can hook you up.
m
Will the TR tool reflash the head unit on the bench or does it need to be installed in the bike. I know shops are bench flashing, just don't know which programmer most are using?

Old 07-22-2018, 07:22 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
Will the TR tool reflash the head unit on the bench or does it need to be installed in the bike. I know shops are bench flashing, just don't know which programmer most are using?

I know that my hd dealership is using that program/tool for their flashing and the indy I went to also uses it. After doing some research, it appears that a bench flash is possible if the programmer has the adaptors to fit the hu direct. I will post more about this when I get my unit.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:28 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
I know that my hd dealership is using that program/tool for their flashing and the indy I went to also uses it. After doing some research, it appears that a bench flash is possible if the programmer has the adaptors to fit the hu direct. I will post more about this when I get my unit.
Will you be doing mail ins LOL?

Old 07-22-2018, 07:32 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG

Will you be doing mail ins LOL?
That is my thoughts if it can be done.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:37 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

That is my thoughts if it can be done.
There are a few RF dealers about one and a half hours or so from me so that may be my next step. Then I will have to decide to switch to high level inputs or PAC LOCs. Sorry don’t mean to hijack the OPs thread.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:22 AM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 158 Posts

How long before you have a unit TG?

Quick Reply: 6x9 speaker selection