Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ugh Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 08:03 AM
Respect
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I've blown the horns a couple of times and all I was left with was the Neos. They sound pretty good even stand-alone if tuned right. They can be really stretched out on the top end but as Haze eluded to you can't get much out of the bottom when they're on brackets.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:10 AM
Respect
Tourer

Originally Posted by FrenchieM

let me guess you can help me out with a custom tune for $199?
You're already thinking of tossing speakers pros have won contests with, maybe its worth spending the money on someone who knows what the *** he's doing.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:13 AM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 155 Posts

Wasn’t a cheap shot was asking a question as I know you don’t
give out free tune help which is understandable.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:23 AM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Respect
You're already thinking of tossing speakers pros have won contests with, maybe its worth spending the money on someone who knows what the *** he's doing.

whoahh easy there guy! And already I’ve had these speaks for a while just didn’t install them. Thanks for your advice though as well really helpful.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:36 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Easier said than done. I don’t think there are many shops up in this area that I would trust to be a bike audio pro. And since everyone hears things different I’m not sure how satisfying the results would be. I would gladly pay for dsp training to achieve the results I want myself tho. But I think that would be a never ending process.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:37 AM
Respect
Tourer

You said they make you gag. You said you don't like them anymore. You had them tuned by very knowledgeable people. Not sure what you're looking for??

Do you want to hear how the pros run them? If you had them tuned by knowledgeable people as you said, you've already heard what they're capable of no?

Old 10-21-2018, 08:46 AM
Respect
Tourer

Originally Posted by InthewindMN

Easier said than done. I don’t think there are many shops up in this area that I would trust to be a bike audio pro. And since everyone hears things different I’m not sure how satisfying the results would be. I would gladly pay for dsp training to achieve the results I want myself tho. But I think that would be a never ending process.
I agree. There are no bike shops around me that even know how to set up an RTA let alone know how to make corrections so everyone comes to me. Every bike I touch I spend at least a couple of hours making sure everything matches what my ears hear. Go get a simple RTA setup and play around at home. Once you SEE what you hear it starts to make a lot more sense.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:54 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

I agree. There are no bike shops around me that even know how to set up an RTA let alone know how to make corrections so everyone comes to me. Every bike I touch I spend at least a couple of hours making sure everything matches what my ears hear. Go get a simple RTA setup and play around at home. Once you SEE what you hear it starts to make a lot more sense.

great info Respect. I’ve actually been thinking about a rta. Any recommendations on affordable options for the diy guys at home?

Old 10-21-2018, 09:04 AM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 158 Posts

I don't doubt that these are very capable speakers, I am looking to tweak enough stuff to run these until I get 10s in the bags.

great info Respect. I’ve actually been thinking about a rta. Any recommendations on affordable options for the diy guys at home?
I too would like to know what you are using?

Old 10-21-2018, 09:24 AM
Respect
Tourer

Originally Posted by marshallb
I don't doubt that these are very capable speakers, I am looking to tweak enough stuff to run these until I get 10s in the bags.

I too would like to know what you are using?
I don't want to derail his thread completely. I'll GLADLY show you exactly what I use in a new thread.

Quick Reply: Ugh Advice Please