Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock vs. aftermarket sound quality

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 11:50 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Wam
No, I will have to disagree with you, you are the one saying it can't be different. You think You're right and I think I am right. So without someone proving things one way or another, it's just a matter of opinion.
Ok so let's ask the question this way....How much do you KNOW about audio other than what your audio salesman has told you and that you can pay someone to install and tune it for you??

Old 02-13-2019, 11:53 AM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Wam
No, I will have to disagree with you, you are the one saying it can't be different. You think You're right and I think I am right. So without someone proving things one way or another, it's just a matter of opinion.
Sure thing JOHN.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:57 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by marshallb
Sure thing JOHN.
That's really going to ,,,,,,,,,,,confuse him.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:03 PM
Wam
Tourer
Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Ok so let's ask the question this way....How much do you KNOW about audio other than what your audio salesman has told you and that you can pay someone to install and tune it for you??
Well, I came on here a year ago asked a lot of questions and read a lot on here and other places. I put in 3 systems myself from advise I got on here. And while some was good, they were not as good as what I have now. I got help from local audio guys that do car competition. I have educated myself and still have much to learn. I have several US Patents, I built race cars from the ground up years ago, I am not the smartest person in the world but I am far from being dumb. I have ran a successful manufacturing business for the last 35 years with 60 employees. I know PC's and a lot about electronics. So does this make me a expert in bike audio, No, but I not a fool either.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:05 PM
Wam
Tourer
Wink

Sure thing JOHN.
I know who you are talking about and please don't disrespect me.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:16 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,135 Likes on 764 Posts

So, if you take out the "Tooting your own horn" personal info, you have installed 3 systems, gotten help from here and local guys.
Maybe tuning was the problem? Either way you were not satisfied ??? So you went to a company for them to install their stuff for you.
So now you own a bike with a system that sounds just as good as the big boys, in your opinion.

Originally Posted by Wam
I agree, but I can pay someone to do that, not saying you don't have talent. My point is it takes no talent to own a bike and win sound competitions.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:29 PM
Wam
Tourer

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
So, if you take out the "Tooting your own horn" personal info, you have installed 3 systems, gotten help from here and local guys.
Maybe tuning was the problem? Either way you were not satisfied ??? So you went to a company for them to install their stuff for you.
So now you own a bike with a system that sounds just as good as the big boys, in your opinion.
Yes, I think it sounds as good or better, but maybe not as loud. Now I am talking compatible systems, not ones with multiple amps and etc and not one that has all the storage filled up. I ride my bike, I take long trips and I want to keep my storage and I want the look that I like of the bike. Those lids with the big *** speakers are butt ugly to me.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:32 PM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Wam
I know who you are talking about and please don't disrespect me.
Then stop acting like him! I wouldn't say a word if you said things like "I'm happy with Sounds" or its "my favorite" but to say it's got secret sauce in it because Pete told me so is my issue. Buwalda does similar stuff with his marketing and while I like HAT I don't particularly like his "psycoacustic" marketing lingo.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:43 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,135 Likes on 764 Posts

Most guys that frequent this forum run multiple amps, so who are you comparing your system too?
I have a very very modest system compared to 99% of the guys on here, but I even run 2 amps.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:46 PM
Wam
Tourer

Then stop acting like him! I wouldn't say a word if you said things like "I'm happy with Sounds" or its "my favorite" but to say it's got secret sauce in it because Pete told me so is my issue. Buwalda does similar stuff with his marketing and while I like HAT I don't particularly like his "psycoacustic" marketing lingo.
I made my options on my experience. I do like what I have. I do believe that if you don't want the aggravation of doing this yourself this is a great way to go.
But now I am done talking about it and I don't like being insulted and telling me I sound like anyone. I have not insulted anyone on here. I thought we were discussing difference in opinions. And I feel that comment was unnecessary. Have a good day.

Quick Reply: Stock vs. aftermarket sound quality