Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bin Files

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 07:56 PM
ShoreRider
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Bin Files

Forum Audio Gods:

I went out today to look at which .bin file is loaded on my '15 CVO Street Glide. I recently installed GZ Yellow Baskets in the fairing and DD Audio VO-XN6X9a's in the lids. They are driven by 2 SD 800.4 EVOX2 amps running in bridged mode and gains set for 230w/ch. I also have an HKI Mini DSP installed as well. I did not have a flash done as there are no shops near me (Memphis) with that capability and after talking to the techs at my dealership, I didn't get a warm fuzzy from them that they even knew what I was talking about.

As I was going through to determine which .vin file was loaded, I noticed an option to load a .bin file from USB. After doing my homework here in the forums, it appears as though the 135_off.bin and the 135_on.bin are the files for the 8/2 flash. I'd like to see if this bin upload capability actually works. Or is this just a capability to load the files into the HU so they are there for use when flashed properly?

Does anyone have or know where I can get the aforementioned bin files so I can dump them to a memory stick and see if it actually works?

Last edited by ShoreRider; 04-26-2024 at 07:59 PM.