Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 speaker and aftermarket amp install with pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 08:17 PM
TZG18FLTRU
Road Captain

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sweet I'm planning this upgrade in March.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:41 PM
chopperguytampa
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is AWESOME !!! I would have never attempted to install the amp myself until I came across this thread. I am awaiting my speakers right now. I have the same amp and ordered the Polk MM651 and I cannot wait to do this. I already sold the Boom Audio speakers in the Classifieds. Thanks for doing such a thorough write up.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:40 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by yokdriver
The kickers did not need any modifications they are a perfect fit for the HD speaker pod they measure 6.5" edge to edge but fit in the speaker pod like its oem and they sit just as flush as oem so other speaker grills were not needed.

These are what I have http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2064CS6...674.html?tp=94
These sound nice....I purchased 6 of these after 3 sets of Polks "failed in the field" I was looking for some "Temporary" speakers to replace the Polks and heard two of these on a street glide and his bike was sounding better than some with 4 speaker systems. So I thought Dam I wonder what 6 of em sounds like? Two in the fairing, Two in the lowers and Two in the Pods.They fit all the holes perfectly. Being a disciple of Ultranutz I then purchased the Kicker KS693 6 x 9's for my hog tune lids. Running this set up off two Soundstream 520.D amps. All I can say gentlemen is This dam thing ROCKS!! You would have to hear it to appreciate it. My plan was to go all Biketronics amps and all. . . .But I can't stop listening to this Kicker set up. Keep in mind before the kickers I had 6 MM651's and the 6 x 9 Polks in the lids. This system sounds just as good if not better. . . Trust me!

Old 02-24-2014, 08:18 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
. Being a disciple of Ultranutz I then purchased the Kicker KS693 6 x 9's for my hog tune lids.
I thought I taught Nutz better than that !! Pioneers are the Holy Grail !! LOL !

Congrats on your set-up !!

Old 02-24-2014, 01:09 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
I thought I taught Nutz better than that !! Pioneers are the Holy Grail !! LOL !

Congrats on your set-up !!
LMAO! I know the Holy Grail Glacier trust me. What I meant by being a disciple is. . . Nutz has changed his system more than anyone I know and he told me a long time ago when he was running the Two X2's in the West Texas Ranger PBR post "Don't try to keep up with me Son" lol I've been trying to keep up with him every since! Hell I've had 4 different systems on my bike thanks to him and loved every one of em! Like him I'm never satisfied!! This thing has become a hobby now! Still trying to work up the nerve to install your system Glacier!!

Old 02-24-2014, 01:23 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

GP does free installs on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, every 3rd week of the month.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:12 PM
Roc
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So John_HD, Awesome detail but you never mentioned how good the sound was. Were you satisfied. I'm planning the same. I had already upgraded to the boom speakers and wasn't satisfied so now I ordered the PBR300x2. Im hoping I don't have to change the speakers again. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:05 PM
jsurvival
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Roc
So John_HD, Awesome detail but you never mentioned how good the sound was. Were you satisfied. I'm planning the same. I had already upgraded to the boom speakers and wasn't satisfied so now I ordered the PBR300x2. Im hoping I don't have to change the speakers again. Your input would be greatly appreciated.
I just did my install last night, was well worth it. Of course still lacking bass at highway speeds, but that is to be expected for a 6 3/4 speaker. But overall I have more volume than I need now. Also removing the old speakers solidified why I did the upgrade, youll laugh when you see the magnet on the stock ones..

Old 04-05-2014, 09:06 PM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm not sure how they fit in the 2014, but I have a fosgate PBR300x2 and Infinity Kappa 62.11I speakers in my 12. I went with the Infinity's so I could get the 2 ohm impedance and get the most from the amp. They sound very nice, not a to of bass, but very musical.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Roc
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed the PBR300x2 to the Boom 6.5 upgraded speakers last week. I think I was expecting more. I may change the speakers.

Quick Reply: 2014 speaker and aftermarket amp install with pics