Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official 2014 audio upgrade thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 10:42 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Rus103 ,,,,,,

good job on the GPS turn-off ,,,,, I told you it was a pain ! ,,,,

,,,, I just received my new 2014 Daytona Blue StreetGlide today and it is gorgeous !! ,,,,

we will be adding a J&M ROKKER 6 speaker 500w audio system to it, on Monday and Tuesday of this week ,,,, I will post pictures !

Old 02-03-2014, 07:46 AM
ianmacphotos
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I ask a simple question before I buy my new bike ?
I'm about to buy a Street Glide 14 bike with 4.3 unit , question is will it send music via Bluetooth to a Bluetooth headset? Thanks all..

Old 02-04-2014, 10:21 AM
ThisIsCrazy
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ianmacphotos
Can I ask a simple question before I buy my new bike ?
I'm about to buy a Street Glide 14 bike with 4.3 unit , question is will it send music via Bluetooth to a Bluetooth headset? Thanks all..
No it will not. It is a bluetooth receiver, not transmitter.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:18 AM
ianmacphotos
Advanced

many thanks !
Originally Posted by ThisIsCrazy
No it will not. It is a bluetooth receiver, not transmitter.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:34 PM
IBKRB
Stage II
Default Infiniti Speakers

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Good ole Mother Harley... $95 for 2 speaker grills is NutZ!
You seem to have some good knowledge about speakers. I just bought a 2014 Ultra limited and want to upgrade the speakers. Question...will the Infiniti Kappas fit front and back? Could I add an amp to them in the future?

Thanks,

Ken
Blue Knights TX XXVIII

Old 02-13-2014, 10:10 AM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

This might be a option for those just wanting better sound out of the stock system without adding a amp, CDT Audio makes a 2 ohm coaxial 6.5 that will fit behind the stock grill. I installed the CL-6EX.2 speakers in my bike and it is a huge improvement over the stock speakers. Check them out, I bought them from Woofers etc for $99. Clear highs good mid range and a little more bass.

http://www.cdtaudio.com/

The following users liked this post:
bczodiac (12-01-2017)
Old 02-15-2014, 10:17 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

Go to Other Thread .,,.,,,

Last edited by JMJOHN; 02-15-2014 at 03:45 PM. Reason: on another thread ,,,,
Old 02-16-2014, 06:24 PM
kevin_n
Road Captain
Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

I may have just missed it with all the posts and info in here but here is my question. With all the talk of having to flash the radio is that for the 4.3 and the 6.5 or just one. I am thinking of getting a 14 ultra but would take the Memphis audio amp I have in my 04 and put it in the new one. Thinking of getting a new bike but am doing as much info gathering as I can before I decide.

Thanks
Kevin

Old 02-16-2014, 09:12 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

The new Harley Infotainment radio on the 2014 Ultra & Ultra Limited, come from Harley with the front & rear speaker outputs active with front/rear fader control active ,,,,,,

The new Harley Infotainment radio on the 2014 StreetGlide, (either version) comes from Harley with ONLY the front speaker outputs active, and NO front/rear fader control ,,,,,,

If you add the Harley BOOM speakers and amplifier to either system, along with the dealer computer FLASH for the same, the REAR speaker outputs from the radio are deactivated, and the Harley BOOM amplifier itself becomes the front/rear fading component of the system, directed by the radio for front/rear fader controls ,,,,,

IN ADDITION, the DSP inside the Harley radio is altered, supposedly for better sound, when in fact, major portions of the low frequency bass response is removed, along with increases in the midrange and upper frequencies ,,,,,, (((see

This DSP alteration does NOT improve the sound of the audio system at all ,, in fact just the opposite takes place with this special Harley radio digital flash ,,,,,,

For J&Ms new Daytona Blue 2014 StreetGlide we added J&Ms new 5X7" rear saddlebag lid speakers, http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....ID=HSDR-5X7-14 and the 500w ROKKER XTP amplifier http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....MP-500HC14-SGP ,,,,,,,

THEN we took the bike down to the Harley dealer and had the Harley computer FLASH performed JUST to activate the rear speaker outputs ,,,, this particular flash from Harley retains the original superior sound and bass response from the radio, but activates the handlebar controls for front/rear fader ,,,,, system performance is now fantastic ,,,,

For J&Ms new Vivid Black 2014 Ultra Ltd, we added J&Ms 500w ROKKER XTP amplifier for the ultra ,,,,,,, see

BOTH will be on display at the big J&M audio demo trailer at Rossmeyer's Daytona HD, for Daytona Beach Bike Week ,,,,,,, stop by and listen for yourself, just how good the audio system CAN perform on the new 2014 Harleys ,,,,

Old 02-17-2014, 03:49 PM
scarin
Cruiser
Default 6 PITA Bolts

Just needed to vent a little. Those bolts were a pain to get out and even worse to get back in. Hope I never have to pull those damn pods ever again. What a complete time suck.

Arrgggggghhhhhhh

And totop it all off somehow one of the bolts has disappeared, so i am off to Harley for an extra. Craziness.

Rant off

Quick Reply: The Official 2014 audio upgrade thread