Custom Models All custom bikes.

Starting My Next Project!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:54 PM
CSA
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting My Next Project!

Started my next project this weekend. I am waiting on a boat load of parts for a 07 Classic and they are just trickling into the shop. So I started to strip down this 883. My boss got this bike at an auction and he got it cheap. He just bought it because the bid was so low. Anyways we really deal in touring and Big Twin models and this bike is kind of a give me. This weekend I asked him if I could just buy the bike from the shop, and he was pretty open to the idea. I want to create with this bike, and its a good canvas. The bike is a 2001 with just over 5k. I have been thinking on this bike long and hard and I think I am gonna turn it into a Black Widow.

First thing I will do is move it from a 883 to a 1200 with a nice bore kit. Change out the cams, Black V/H Exhaust. I had the fork sliders Powder coated and I will have the metal painted vivid black, maybe a matte but I haven't decided. The engine will be painted matte black and the rocker covers will be powder coated gloss black. All the cover bolts will be chrome. I will keep the timing cover chrome also. It has forward controls so all of the linkage will be powder coated and the peddles/shifter will be chrome. The rear rim will is be polished and the center will be powder coated black, same with the rear sprocket. Fender support will be powder coated as well as the indicators. Black Mirrors, Black drag Bars and black switch housings with chrome buttons. Grips will be black rubber with chrome ends. I was thinking of talking to a buddy that is a gunsmith. ............would like to blue the fork tubes! LOL!!

Anyways this is my thinking! Feel Free to suggest!

Old 01-12-2009, 09:28 PM
lolife
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like fun.........................