Custom Models All custom bikes.

Custom bike from 2002.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2023, 10:29 AM
Bronzeken
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom bike from 2002.

So I got this custom bike it's full of arlen ness parts and the jugs say patrick billet
I pulled the primary cover cause it was oozing from the top and i found a belt drive does anyone know what kinda motor this is and if this primary should be wet or dry.

Old 07-12-2023, 10:41 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Pictures or we won't have a clue what you are dealing with, there were numerous brands of kit bikes back then.

Old 07-12-2023, 11:47 AM
Bronzeken
6th Gear

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Pictures or we won't have a clue what you are dealing with, there were numerous brands of kit bikes back then.
sorry. Bout that I had uploaded a bunch but I guess they didn't take

Old 07-12-2023, 11:59 AM
03fattyaz
Road Master

Received 443 Likes on 216 Posts

I’m far from an expert but I’m pretty sure any primary with a belt is dry. Did all that come out after you rode it? That oil looks like it got some water in it. Nasty.

The following users liked this post:
Duracell (07-12-2023)
Old 07-12-2023, 12:02 PM
Bronzeken
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 03fattyaz
I’m far from an expert but I’m pretty sure any primary with a belt is dry. Did all that come out after you rode it? That oil looks like it got some water in it. Nasty.
that all came out while starting it so i didnt get rode it mostly just sits in the office and yeah iv read belt systems arw suppsed to be dry but i havent the foggiest about them

Old 07-12-2023, 12:24 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Well interesting mess you have there. First off motor is somebodies build, isn't one of the usual aftermarket brands like S&S or Ultima so no idea what you have it's gets opened up. Belt look like a BDL system, it's a dry run no oil and they work well enough I run them. From the mess I'd say the oil pump check ball leaked by on you and filled the crankcase, bikes been sitting a good while hasn't it? It does look like something that came out Arlen's shop, they loved the molded in body putty look on everything.

They will puke like that when they sump from sitting. Head breathers makes it all push up to the top of the motor and out the intake and breather ports. Nasty mess. Let things settle a bit, make sure there is some oil in the tank and try again after you close that primary up to keep the oil out. It'll quit puking when as it cleans itself out. From the color it'll need an oil change or two to flush the excess moisture out of the oil & motor. Throw some diapers under her.

Pull the plugs and spin it over a few times good while on a battery charger to see if you can clear some of the excess oil. I'd pull the air cleaner and see what's' what with the breathers and where it's all coming from.

Also take a shot or 3 of further back to get the whole bike in,

The following 2 users liked this post by TwiZted Biker:
Architect (07-12-2023), Stiggy (07-12-2023)
Old 07-12-2023, 12:38 PM
Bronzeken
6th Gear

Well interesting mess you have there. First off motor is somebodies build, isn't one of the usual aftermarket brands like S&S or Ultima so no idea what you have it's gets opened up. Belt look like a BDL system, it's a dry run no oil and they work well enough I run them. From the mess I'd say the oil pump check ball leaked by on you and filled the crankcase, bikes been sitting a good while hasn't it? It does look like something that came out Arlen's shop, they loved the molded in body putty look on everything.

They will puke like that when they sump from sitting. Head breathers makes it all push up to the top of the motor and out the intake and breather ports. Nasty mess. Let things settle a bit, make sure there is some oil in the tank and try again after you close that primary up to keep the oil out. It'll quit puking when as it cleans itself out. From the color it'll need an oil change or two to flush the excess moisture out of the oil & motor. Throw some diapers under her.

Pull the plugs and spin it over a few times good while on a battery charger to see if you can clear some of the excess oil. I'd pull the air cleaner and see what's' what with the breathers and where it's all coming from.

Also take a shot or 3 of further back to get the whole bike in,
more pictures

Old 07-12-2023, 01:02 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Definitely one of Ness's builds before they moved out of the old shop. Might contact them and send a picture or two, they may be able to give a better idea what you have motor wise.

Architect (07-12-2023)
Old 07-12-2023, 01:10 PM
Bronzeken
6th Gear

Definitely one of Ness's builds before they moved out of the old shop. Might contact them and send a picture or two, they may be able to give a better idea what you have motor wise.
I shal do that thank you

Old 07-12-2023, 01:43 PM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,935 Likes on 2,569 Posts

Someone spent a lot of money building that bike, probably early 2000's. Seems like you are having issues from it sitting for a very long time, follow Twisted's advise and it should work it self out. Fresh fluids, new battery and some saddle time and it should be OK. Calling Ness is a good idea, good luck.

Stiggy (07-12-2023)

Quick Reply: Custom bike from 2002.