Paleface
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice Rainmaker!!!

Old 01-28-2019, 08:56 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just wired all the $$ to get this beauty shipped to CA. I'm wondering how much difference in performance I will see between the Jims 120 in my Firestone and the Screamin Eagle 103 in the Keystone. Anyone here have any idea?

Old 02-02-2019, 12:27 PM
adventurous1
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Rainmaker-LBC
Just purchased today. Kind of a b-day present to myself. I think I'll name her Rosy, as in "A Whole Lotta Rosy"! She'll look great next to Jessica as soon as she arrives, I'm guessing two weeks or less from today.

Veni Vidi Vici !

Hey Rainmaker;
Did you purchase that bike out of FL? Beleive I was looking at that bike, and the same dealer as a gray one.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:39 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate

Yes I bought it from Bigtwinusa in Hollywood Florida. Marc was great to deal with. I can't wait for it to arrive.

I brought Jessica home this past Tuesday and found about 4 things needing taken care of. Apparently the mechanic didn't pay attention to some detail but the shop is making good on it. After sitting in the garage for a few days (3), I went in to check on her last night and noticed there was a fuel leak around the check valve underneath the fuel tank. Apparently it was either loose, the o-ring dried up, or who knows but it leaked and caused the new paint around it to bubble. You can imagine how upset I was upon this discovery. I immediately took a couple pictures and sent them along with an email to the mechanic. Before he could call me, I called AAA to pick up Jessica and had her at the shop by 8:00 am this morning (Saturday). He was very concerned and is working with me on this and indicated I would only pay for parts. A new check valve/hose assy, all the other in-tank hoses, fuel filter, regulator, gaskets, etc. My guess is the bike will be down another 3-4 weeks for paint. The pictures here are of Jessica's leaking check valve.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:24 PM
adventurous1
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Rainmaker-LBC

Yes I bought it from Bigtwinusa in Hollywood Florida. Marc was great to deal with. I can't wait for it to arrive..
Good on you, but shame about the slight issues. Would it rude to ask you how much you paid for it? Want to know how flex they are in pricing. Beleive your bike was listed about 14,500ish. I'm in Dallas, and looking to purchase the gray one or another one that is up in MN. Either bike I purchase, I'll fly in to take a look at it. Register it in TX before I bring it to Los Angeles. Thank you.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:49 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by adventurous1
Good on you, but shame about the slight issues. Would it rude to ask you how much you paid for it? Want to know how flex they are in pricing. Beleive your bike was listed about 14,500ish. I'm in Dallas, and looking to purchase the gray one or another one that is up in MN. Either bike I purchase, I'll fly in to take a look at it. Register it in TX before I bring it to Los Angeles. Thank you.
Couldn't tell you, and every deal is different.

Old 02-17-2019, 03:09 AM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate

Tank is repaired! The check fitting removed for a proper repair and replacement. Looks great!

Last edited by Rainmaker-LBC; 02-17-2019 at 03:11 AM.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:00 PM
Stern54
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Mountain Keystone

My new ride.Just looking for general information on thunder mountain keystone. Looking for to move the front controls forward 3 inches . Send me a couple ideas . Thanks

Old 02-20-2019, 07:26 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate
Default Beautiful Keystone!

Originally Posted by Stern54

My new ride.Just looking for general information on thunder mountain keystone. Looking for to move the front controls forward 3 inches . Send me a couple ideas . Thanks

I was looking at that one when I purchased mine. It has a Screamin Eagle 110 engine, very nice! As for moving your forward controls forward 3", have custom mounting plates made from either high polish stainless or chrome plate carbon steel. You will probably need to extend your hydraulic brake cable too. That's easy!

The following users liked this post:
Stern54 (02-21-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 08:19 AM
Paleface
Intermediate

Very nice!! I like the paint.
Keith

The following users liked this post:
Stern54 (02-21-2019)

Quick Reply: Thunder Mountain Chopper