Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

I Effed up Today. Big time.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 09:53 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,157 Likes on 772 Posts

Ive been meaning to make one of those.I get sidetracked very easily. I move the bags around a lot when polishing so it would be more for storage of them and washing

Old 02-11-2023, 06:55 PM
Spartanden
Club Member

Received 8,263 Likes on 6,017 Posts

The company I retired from used a product called Creform. It is a tubular rack system. https://creform.com/
For some reason, the guys doing these often threw out parts of racks or systems they had made and were revamping. I would dumpster dive and dig out various pieces of tubing and fittings. I got enough I built my own rack.... I'll try to attach photo. I would doubt that any of you work for a company that uses this product, but maybe you can contact them and get some pricing on some of the items or see if they can tell you any local companies who may use this system. Works well for me! Folds up and hangs in the garage when not used.

The following 2 users liked this post by Spartanden:
Architect (02-13-2023), CaffeineBuzz (02-13-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 11:10 AM
Uncle Peepers
Road Warrior
Received 885 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by TnFatboy
Ive wondered about these paint suppliers, I looked at the colorrite website a couple weeks ago because I was thinking about getting some touch-up paint just in case, you have any experience with them ?
I have used Color-rite to fix small blemishes/scratches, and my experience with them is superb. Their color matching is very, very good.

Old 02-13-2023, 04:44 PM
TnFatboy
Road Master
Received 423 Likes on 228 Posts

I was able to work the small dents mostly out, they’re not perfect but they are really small and barley noticeable now, they look more like small ripples, and one is gonna be right under the forks and the other will be on the back side of the fender so no one will probably ever notice-except me. So what I’m left with is about 7 or 8 digs in the paint (not counting the big one right on the leading edge of the fender) that are not big, probably about the size of a pen tip, but pretty deep. Much too deep to buff out so I believe I’m going to give the Dr Colorchip product a try. From what their website says it looks like this is exactly what this product is for. Only issue now is, I hope they have this color. I tried entering a couple different paint codes that I found for billiard blue on Dr Colorchip’s site and it’s not turning up any results, in fact the only color option they are even showing for Harley is Vivid Black. I will have to call them tomorrow and see what the deal is.

Before

After…
you can see a small crack in the clear if you zoom in, so I will eventually have to repaint

Old 02-13-2023, 07:01 PM
StoneTrekker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,876 Likes on 917 Posts

I'd have a replacement fender from Klock Werks painted and on that bike faster than you can say Bingo. But that's just me....

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (02-25-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 05:20 AM
TnFatboy
Road Master

A new fender is definitely on the list of future purchases-unfortunately I just dropped a chunk on lights which would’ve damn near covered the cost of a new painted fender, and getting ready to need two new tires. So she’s gonna have to have a few scars for the time being. Klock Werks will be an option though.

Old 02-14-2023, 05:29 AM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,798 Likes on 2,438 Posts

If you have gone through to metal I recommend some clear nail varnish or you might find some dark blue for protection.

Old 02-14-2023, 05:40 AM
TnFatboy
Road Master

Good idea. It is down to the metal in the dent that I worked both on the painted side and the underside of the fender, and in that bigger chip on the edge. I have a small bottle of clear touch-up from my last bike that I can use for that, I don’t know how long it’ll take to get going with the Dr Colorchip stuff but I’m gonna call them in a couple hours and see if they have or can get my color, but I need to keep it from rusting in the meantime. Thanks for the heads up !

Old 02-15-2023, 09:22 AM
MotoJockey
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,130 Likes on 1,288 Posts

@TnFatboy , did you score on that fender for sale in the classifieds? As soon as I saw I thought of contacting you but you had already PM'd the seller. Hope it works out!

Old 02-15-2023, 10:27 AM
TnFatboy
Road Master

Yes I did, thanks. Eaglefan messaged me about it and I saw it first thing this morning, we just got the deal done. I appreciate everyone’s help !

The following users liked this post:
MotoJockey (02-15-2023)

Quick Reply: I Effed up Today. Big time.