Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

My normal routine vs. F11?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 08:26 PM
Parrothead1809
Tourer
Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts
Default My normal routine vs. F11?

Has anyone tried F11? It seems a bit pricy to me.

My normal ritual is to start with the wheels and whitewalls. Wheels get a healthy dose of Griots Wheel Cleaner and agitate with a brush, then rinse. The whitewalls just get a good scrub with the Magic Eraser, and another rinse. Then I wash the bike with Meguiars Gold wash, dry with microfiber towels and finish with Meguiars Quick Detailer. Takes me about 60-90 minutes start to finish.

Does F11 do anything better than my typical routine? I'd love to hear from someone who isn't paid to sell it. Every place I go online, I'm seeing ads and videos for it. I guess I must have followed a link and now I'm being "targeted" for their advertisements.

Open to any tips.
-PH

Old 09-10-2019, 08:28 PM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,044 Likes on 4,356 Posts

Have you done a search here, lots of F11 threads in the past, good luck in your quest though

Old 09-10-2019, 11:04 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,482 Likes on 1,541 Posts

Meguires Tech 2.0 and their detail spray between washing. Or their Ultimate wax.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:15 AM
2slow05
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

F-11 is way over priced for something that does not give you any protection at all. There are many better options out there at a way better price. In my opinion all F-11 is not sold at any of the big professional detail retail stores... so imo since it is not sold by them it is geared more towards marketing than the actual product. Also you cannot find anywhere that states what is in F11 or atleast what i have tried to find, another marketing gimmick. I was gifted a little bottle of it and i personally didnt see any protection that it added. The ease of use was easy to apply. I would not reccomend it.

There are better options out there i have started using a concentrate that you can mix with distilled water. It is called Carpro ech2o, it contains a SIO2 in it so you are getting protection from the product. It has many uses as well you can mix it to use it a as detail spray, waterless wash. Look it up. I really like it and it leaves a smooth, shiny finish to it.

Eaglefan1 will be in here and post up some other stuff that will help you out as well.

The following users liked this post:
touchdown (01-21-2020)
Old 09-11-2019, 11:18 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,135 Likes on 764 Posts

2slow hit the nail on the head about f11. So much better out there for less. Echo2 is a perfect example. Im almost done my 2nd bottle and my 6th of Uber. Both outstanding products.
What are you looking for, protection? If so, many good choices.
As for the wheels, I would try something like Gyeon wet coat. This will save you a lot of cleaning time after its applied. Wont need a dedicated wheel cleaner as long as you keep up with them.
If you don't have a electric leaf blower, get one when you can. Doesn't have to be a expensive one. Use the leaf blower to dry, then you can blot the rest.

As for what f11 is, who knows exactly. There seems to be a lot of fillers in it. It has the same effect as a glaze; it shines but doesn't last. Reason for people applying it so many times. This is a old show car trick.
Nothing wrong with glazes if that's what you want to do, hide the imperfections. Just know that glazes don't last, even with a LSP on top of them

The following users liked this post:
touchdown (01-21-2020)
Old 09-11-2019, 11:23 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

I use F11 for a quick clean up if the bike doesn’t have a lot of built up dirt. Fir that, it works well. I can clean up the bike and make it look like it was detailed in just 15 minutes.

Old 11-02-2019, 08:04 PM
Spiderbonz
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been using the F11 seems make clean up easy especially on the fairing after a ride with lots of bugs. Don’t wash it just wipe it down with cloth with more F11. Bit pricy but giving it a try.

Old 11-29-2019, 08:20 PM
nightrain88
Cruiser
Received 128 Likes on 69 Posts

I’m actually happy with F11 and definitely don’t get paid bye them.... I love the ease of use and it does a great job of getting the bugs off, I do the entire bike with it... Including the wheels...Just like an oil post everyone has their own opinions,give it a try and make your own assumptions.

Old 11-29-2019, 08:46 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

I recently got a bunch of sand blasted all over my bike by the Navy LCACs (Landing Craft Air Cushion). After it stops raining, I’m taking it to a car wash to get the grit out of all the nooks and crannies. Then I’ll wax her with McQuires.

Old 11-30-2019, 11:25 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 136 Posts

F11 is heavily based on marketing yet there are products at half the cost that do the same. I use spytshyne quick detail on my glossy paints and flitz matte cleaner for my denim, also gets bugs off my windshield with ease. About 30 altogether

Quick Reply: My normal routine vs. F11?