Discount Extended Service Plan and Tire & Wheel Coverage

Question for Discount ESP on tuners

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 05:29 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,228 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Default Question for Discount ESP on tuners

Hi, Discount ESP -- here's a question for you on your service plan. We're aware of the EPA Consent Decree that dictates to Harley that they must void the powertrain warranty if the bike has been tuned using an aftermarket tuner.

But your warranty company isn't a party to that Consent Decree, are they?

So the question becomes: once an owner's two-year factory warranty has expired, and the coverage begins under Discount ESP, can the owner then get the bike dyno tuned using a regular aftermarket tuner, or plug in a Fuelpak FP3 and use that to tune their bike? Or will Discount ESP still void the extended warranty in that case? And if they allow it (i.e., if using a tuner doesn't void the warranty), then -- are other pieces okay too? Cams? Pipes? Aftermarket intakes?

The following users liked this post:
Discount ESP (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 09:21 PM
Discount ESP
Former Sponsor
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Aftermarket Upgrades

Great questions and one of the beneficial aspects of this plan, is the upgrades won't impact the coverage, unless they are the cause of the failure. If a covered repair isn't a result of the aftermarket accessory, the repair will still be covered. It is important that the upgrades are properly installed and a designed combination.

If you message me your specific combinations, I can ensure eligibility prior to enrollment.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:12 PM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,920 Likes on 8,432 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
Hi, Discount ESP -- here's a question for you on your service plan. We're aware of the EPA Consent Decree that dictates to Harley that they must void the powertrain warranty if the bike has been tuned using an aftermarket tuner.

But your warranty company isn't a party to that Consent Decree, are they?

So the question becomes: once an owner's two-year factory warranty has expired, and the coverage begins under Discount ESP, can the owner then get the bike dyno tuned using a regular aftermarket tuner, or plug in a Fuelpak FP3 and use that to tune their bike? Or will Discount ESP still void the extended warranty in that case? And if they allow it (i.e., if using a tuner doesn't void the warranty), then -- are other pieces okay too? Cams? Pipes? Aftermarket intakes?
I believe that Harley bulletin is for all bikes of 2017 and later.