Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good day/commuter bag for in front of the sissy bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 06:02 PM
AGSURFR
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Kuryakyn Custom roll bag

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/704/Custom-Roll-Bag

Here is a pic of what I am using. Mounts to the handle bar like it was made for it. Holds enough stuff for my everyday ride to work and works for errands.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:43 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Received 983 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammerdown77
I'm going away from the throw over saddlebags that were on my Fat Bob when I bought it. Just bought the H-D detachable side plates, sissy bar, and pad, and would like a bag solution that would take up daily residence on the passenger seat in front of the sissy bar.

I was originally thinking something like a roll bag, but I'm not locked into that style.

Things I would need to carry on a daily basis are rain gear (Frogg Toggs), extra pair of gloves, extra visor (clear) for my full face helmet, and then your typical small stuff like a bottle of water, few tools, cell phone charger, etc.

I'd also like something large enough to double as a backrest.

I like the style and features of the Kuryakyn Classic Tour Bag, but it looks big for just daily commuting duties. For longer trips (multi-day to a week) I would get a bigger bag(s), but I don't want to carry a big touring bag on my bike every day.

I do like how the Kury bag can be accessed via the ends, or through the main hatch in the middle.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
I have this: http://www.foxcreekleather.com/produ...ather-roll-bag

I don't have the vinyl liner anymore and I wouldn't recommend getting one as if you happen to leave it out in a freezing night and the next morning try to do *anything* with it, the vinyl part wil break and crack up.

If you like what you see on the website, you can have it if you're willing to pay S&H. It's a little dusty, a little mold but nothing that some saddle soap won't fix. The leather is still very good and nice and soft and flexible, all the zippers are good.

I just ended up not really needing it so set it to the side and it's been sitting there for 5 years.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:29 AM
chamba
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bikers friend.... say no more. I bought one and use it in front of and behind the sissy bar. when it is behind me it also doubles as a back rest. when the wife rides it gets moved back. I love it, lifetime guarantee, and I love it.
sorry only pic is on my avatar behind the sissy position, go to the website

Old 10-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Another happy kuryakyn roll bag owner here

I also strap a molle pouch to it for extra bits and pieces

Old 10-18-2014, 08:57 AM
gadianton3
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default another happy roll bag owner

Love it! I never take it off. I use my bike for commuting also. I put my lunch etc.. in it every day.

Old 10-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Dogbone44
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Google Road Ready Luggage. Nice heavy duty stuff. Made in the USA. I have their sissy bar bag for my T Sport.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:09 PM
AGSURFR
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Tall Timber
Another happy kuryakyn roll bag owner here

I also strap a molle pouch to it for extra bits and pieces

I never thought of strapping a molle pouch to mine. I have several small ones.

Which one are you using?

Old 10-18-2014, 05:34 PM
USMC_ech110
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

the good ole Wally World bag.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammerdown77
Hmm, just found this one and it looks like a good option. Don't know about the backrest capability, though

http://www.saddlemen.com/r1300lxe-de...sub_category=1
I've got that exact saddlemen bag and it pretty much lives in front of my sissy bar, on passenger seat. It goes on/off bike in seconds and is the perfect size. Has one strap around sissy bar and I added some rubberized wire straps running through D rings on each end that I strap around turn signal stalks for extra security. I could probably add another strap around sissy bar instead but I like my old school "soft medallion" on the back of sissy bar too much to cover it up. I use main compartment of this bag to hold raingear, gloves, water bottle, whatever I buy at store, etc. You could easily fit one or maybe two gallon jugs of whiskey in there. Did I mention it's expandable? Two zippers allow you to extend it's width by about 4". Two side pockets are great for holding sunglasses, helmet lock, extra tiedowns, etc. It's also the ideal size to provide a very small amount of backrest. It's almost perfect for this use.

Last edited by Racqueteer9; 10-18-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:47 PM
pavespawn
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the Harley sissy bar backpack.

Quick Reply: Good day/commuter bag for in front of the sissy bar