Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 02:09 PM
xungan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enjoyed the Ride into work this morning and loving the Stage 1 upgrade I had done over the winter!

Old 04-21-2016, 02:30 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
I ordered the bar too, think I'm just going off the low beam circuit. Don't think I'd ever need to turn it off?
i'm going to angle them outward for the canopy roads down here for "deer busting" don't want them on all the time

hdforums has robbed me again...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...off-switch-kit

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...09-7024802b--1

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...xiliary-on-off

i did want to see he switch. i think he has a power distribution block under his fairing, if i'm remembering correctly.

searching....

found

Last edited by cvaria; 04-21-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:37 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 730 Likes on 561 Posts

Originally Posted by POOK_HD
I ditched the funky looking H-D turn signal relocation kit and installed a laydown license plate bracket and the Kuryakyn Panacea tail light that has integrated turn signals.

Did you just remove the wiring from the taillight to the turn signals? Are you using a load equalizer on the controller?

Old 04-21-2016, 02:56 PM
ohara239
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blacked out my horn cover with plasti dip.

Old 04-21-2016, 03:07 PM
izhd
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Lol - that's mine

Did with auto relay, fuse board. now easy to hook up additional stuff.

Originally Posted by cvaria
i'm going to angle them outward for the canopy roads down here for "deer busting" don't want them on all the time

hdforums has robbed me again...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...off-switch-kit

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...09-7024802b--1

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...xiliary-on-off

i did want to see he switch. i think he has a power distribution block under his fairing, if i'm remembering correctly.

searching....

found

Old 04-21-2016, 05:48 PM
POOK_HD
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Did you just remove the wiring from the taillight to the turn signals? Are you using a load equalizer on the controller?
I removed the wiring for the stock signals. The taillight comes with a controller and a load equalizer. The only wire connected is the taillight wire. Installation was extremely easy, but I had a bad controller the first time and had to do an exchange.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:56 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

A called off meeting; fear of litigation, I'd guess

Spent a few hours in the garage; 80's metal and a beverage close at hand. Degreased the rear Night Dragon, 14 ounces of Ride On in the tube. Polished the front and rear axles and spacers to within an inch of their lives and installed the front and rear wheels. No torque yet; the rear needs to have a wheel alignment and set the belt deflection, then torque the axle nut. Rear brake pad pin is loose; who uses a 6.5mm 12 point bolt? Oh, the morons at HD, that's who. Dorks. Rear caliper is loose mounted so it's not hanging out like day old laundry. Then, install the new Lyndall brake pads and bleed and flush the rear brake.

Front is loose, fender and axle. Torque the front axle nut, tweak and mount the front fender to properly fit the 90/90 Night Dragon, install the front Lyndall brake pads and bleed and flush the front... yet, so much more to do after that; desire walks on

Attachment 523678

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:09 PM
sleazy rider
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rode it in the rain and got it dirty. I'm a damn heretic, I am.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:39 PM
CJeep
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Finished installing the HD docking hardware and turn sig relocation part of it. I don't love the look of them, but I did not want to spend more $ on actually relocating them. Clicked in my new-to-me sissy bar/backrest. Got it as seen, sideplates, sissybar, pad, luggage rack, and an HD medallion on the back for $140 shipped on ebay. It's mint. I'm kind of digging the look.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:52 PM
crtman21
Road Captain
Received 228 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Fairing painted and installed....somewhat

Got the fairing back from paint yesterday. Matches great thanks to the paint from colormania in SoCal and Mother lode Muscle Cars in Sonora CA. There done work for me before and the body work guy knows his s**t. Got it on the bike with the Bung King brackets and the Kury fork brackets but stripped one of the hex bolts when mounting it. GRRRRR... but other than that I'm stoked at how good it looks on the bike.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?