Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 05:59 PM
kambre89
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally had time to put the solo seat and HD bags on today.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:48 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemosengineer
...CyclePump expedition tire inflator...home made folding track stand gizmo...

: Mike
How do you power the air pump (where and what type of connection [I see the battery tender looking connection so I'm assuming that's the connection but want to be sure]) and does the bike throw any weird codes when it's connected?

I'd like to see the gizmo stand, can you post a pic of it? Thanks

Old 01-23-2017, 11:28 PM
Nemosengineer
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
How do you power the air pump (where and what type of connection [I see the battery tender looking connection so I'm assuming that's the connection but want to be sure]) and does the bike throw any weird codes when it's connected?

I'd like to see the gizmo stand, can you post a pic of it? Thanks
Hi Mr. Blue,
The gizmo stand is really raw at the moment as its a cut up lever lift stand, I'm still trying to get the handle as short a possible without busting a gut trying to lift the bike, first is make it work then make it small, there is also plan B... As it comes together I will post photos and dimensions, there is no money in trying to manufacture this thing so I will share freely.
Now on to how the compressor is powered. The compressor draws 10 amps so it has to be powered outside of the normal wiring even on a non canbus bike, so it has to run off of something like a fused battery tender harness (as a side, I will only use the pump with the engine idling as drawing 10 amps for 4 minutes to go from 0 to 40 PSI is iffy for a startup).
To answer the power question, the compressor comes with the plug for the battery tender harness, a cigarette lighter plug. and battery clamps.
A while back I installed a 1956 Packard cigarette lighter (mounted using a EMGO P/N 40-64050 switch plate) with new Casco guts in it, as a high amp universal power jack / battery tender / USB port. I wired it for power using 12 gage wire and piggy backed it off of the starter lug and the main engine ground bolt on the transmission (I wanted to keep the wiring out of the battery box), there is a Delphi fuse holder with a 15 amp fuse installed, attached to an unused threaded hole on the battery box.

Attachment 522337

Attachment 522338

Attachment 522339

Attachment 522340

: Mike

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:37 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,175 Likes on 1,935 Posts

I took my stock mufflers off with the plan to install the new RUSH mufflers being delivered today. Only problem was when I opened the RUSH box there were new STOCK dealer take offs in it. Needless to say not a happy day.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:09 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by perki48
I took my stock mufflers off with the plan to install the new RUSH mufflers being delivered today. Only problem was when I opened the RUSH box there were new STOCK dealer take offs in it. Needless to say not a happy day.
Ouch, this has a nefarious feel to it. What's the back-story on this? Did you order the Rush mufflers from an auction on eBay or from a private seller and someone was playing some bait and switch games? Innocent mistake the seller is going to correct? Inquiring minds wanna know...

Old 01-24-2017, 06:25 AM
hollandhunter
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaronstottle
Got a Roland Sands Venturi air cleaner, set of Cobra speedster slash cut pipes, FuelPak, Sundowner seat, and LED headlight to put on. The bike is 3 towns away in my friend's garage. I just gotta find time to bring my tools out and put it all on !
dang you got some wrenching to do. Nice. You did read that other post on here where a guy had his bike parked in his buddies garage and his buddy ended up riding it and wrecking it right. Hope you have better luck. Post pics when u get those bad boys on.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:23 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,240 Likes on 1,816 Posts

Originally Posted by perki48
So you rushed to get RUSHed...and no worky as planny

It reminds me of "Hurry Up and Wait"

BTW,...those "Sons of B|tches"

Last edited by multihdrdr; 01-24-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:30 AM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,380 Likes on 808 Posts
Unhappy

Broke the threads on my clutch cable off in the cable housing installing an easy boy clutch kit. New cable on the way. Used a small easy out to get broken off piece out of housing.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:29 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,175 Likes on 1,935 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Ouch, this has a nefarious feel to it. What's the back-story on this? Did you order the Rush mufflers from an auction on eBay or from a private seller and someone was playing some bait and switch games? Innocent mistake the seller is going to correct? Inquiring minds wanna know...
Back story is I bought mufflers from an E-bay seller who had clearly said the pictures were file pictures as he did not open the box. He had bought a dealers overstock............lots of items. When I got the box I opened it and there were STOCK HD dyna exhaust, clearly dealer take-offs. I contacted seller through E-Bay, we corresponded, sent pictures yesterday. Got up today and he has already credited me with a full refund and told me not to send mufflers back to him. Fantastic person to deal with and I would deal with him again without hesitation. To bad he does not have any exhaust systems that I want. Though he does have multiple systems for Softails.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:40 PM
patlazey
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the license plate kit on and highway pegs. I still need to buy some joker machine pegs and get rid of those stock ones same with the highway pegs. I had some from my old bike left over so I threw those on for now. I put those bad&G bags on to. This thing sounds mean I can't wait till this dam snow melts.

Can't wait till this dam snow melts

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?