Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 11:22 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by e11charlie
Just finished my first auto tune session today. They of course don't make a map for firebrands so I just used the base map for V&H short shots. It ran fine with the base map but just trying to dial it in. But holy sweet baby jesus these pipes are ****ing loud as hell. Nice low rumble but getting on the throttle is deafening. Gonna have to wear ear plugs while riding or find some sort of baffle insert that will work with these pipes.
Which firebrand pipe do you have? I have the loose cannon slip on and it was only slightly louder than stock.

Old 04-30-2017, 01:01 AM
johneville
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hardcase bolt lock-r and Dunlop American elite tires

Bolt lock-r was an easy upgrade. Came off commander 2s and got in Dunlop American Elite...

Old 04-30-2017, 03:38 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by e11charlie
Just finished my first auto tune session today. They of course don't make a map for firebrands so I just used the base map for V&H short shots. It ran fine with the base map but just trying to dial it in. But holy sweet baby jesus these pipes are ****ing loud as hell. Nice low rumble but getting on the throttle is deafening. Gonna have to wear ear plugs while riding or find some sort of baffle insert that will work with these pipes.
Just throwing this out there; you should always be wearing ear plugs, no matter what pipes you run or what type of helmet you're wearing. It's not the pipes that will damage your hearing, it's the wind noise; over time the wind noise will destroy your hearing. A good set of ear plugs blocking out the wind will let you actually enjoy those new pipes; and let you keep your hearing

http://www.hearingtestlabs.com/motorcycle.htm

Originally Posted by TBT3
Ordered some red spark plug wires. Just something to add a little color. I like the way it looks for now so time will tell if I keep them on. One things for sure, I need to relocate the horn. That big *** chrome cowbell just looks really out of place.

I like those old cowbells But the plasti-dip is a good idea if you want to cut down on the chrome look. One way you could clean up the look of the cowbell and plug wires a bit more is to re-route the front cylinder plug wire. I used 10mm wires and sleeved the plug wire to run it behind the horn bracket with 3/8" hose to protect the plug wire instead of running it over the top of the bracket. Routed that way you can also have the front cylinder plug end at a right angle to the head, just like the rear is.

Best image I've got at 4:35 AM, but you can see how the front is run now, looks much cleaner to me. If you need a better image I'll grab you one later today...

Old 04-30-2017, 05:33 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Ordered Vance and Hines Pro Pipe for my 05 Supposed to be here Monday .. Pictures will come after gets here ..

Old 04-30-2017, 07:04 AM
TBT3
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
I like those old cowbells But the plasti-dip is a good idea if you want to cut down on the chrome look. One way you could clean up the look of the cowbell and plug wires a bit more is to re-route the front cylinder plug wire. I used 10mm wires and sleeved the plug wire to run it behind the horn bracket with 3/8" hose to protect the plug wire instead of running it over the top of the bracket. Routed that way you can also have the front cylinder plug end at a right angle to the head, just like the rear is.

Best image I've got at 4:35 AM, but you can see how the front is run now, looks much cleaner to me. If you need a better image I'll grab you one later today...

My issue with the cowbell is that I've got this big beautiful HD V-Twin engine and the cowbell is covering it up. It's not that it's chrome and I'm not looking to go the blacked-out route. (Not knocking the blacked-out look. Some badass bikes out there like that. Just not what I want.) It's more the placement and blocking the look of the engine. Be cool to see more of the V on that side.

I like the coil relocation where it moves to the spot where the horn is. That's ultimately what I'd like to do. Either a DIY project or buying a kit from somewhere like DK Customs. But for now this'll work. I did run it behind the bell bracket at first but I was worried about it rubbing up against the engine. The 3/8" hose is a good idea.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:10 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

My issue with the cowbell is that I've got this big beautiful HD V-Twin engine and the cowbell is covering it up. It's not that it's chrome and I'm not looking to go the blacked-out route. (Not knocking the blacked-out look. Some badass bikes out there like that. Just not what I want.) It's more the placement and blocking the look of the engine. Be cool to see more of the V on that side.

I like the coil relocation where it moves to the spot where the horn is. That's ultimately what I'd like to do. Either a DIY project or buying a kit from somewhere like DK Customs. But for now this'll work. I did run it behind the bell bracket at first but I was worried about it rubbing up against the engine. The 3/8" hose is a good idea.
I had the same concern but I took it an additional step...

Old 04-30-2017, 07:34 AM
TBT3
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cggorman
I had the same concern but I took it an additional step...

Yes! That's what's I'm talking about. Looks awesome!

Old 04-30-2017, 07:41 AM
TBT3
Cruiser

So here's a noob question, but that t bracket that the horn is connected to and that connects to each side of the V and connects under the tank to the air filter - is that only there for the horn? Or is it serving additional support purpose?

Old 04-30-2017, 08:01 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

So here's a noob question, but that t bracket that the horn is connected to and that connects to each side of the V and connects under the tank to the air filter - is that only there for the horn? Or is it serving additional support purpose?
I'd leave that in place That's the engine mount bracket the top stabilizer link is mounted to. Take a peek under the tank and you'll see the stabilizer link tucked in up near the tank.

I do get what you're saying about wanting more of the engine visible; they are beautiful indeed

Old 04-30-2017, 08:20 AM
TBT3
Cruiser

cggorman, I was just reading through your build thread to see how you relocated the horn and coils, and I realized we aren't even on the same planet in regards to modifying our bikes. My man, you are literally designing and fabricating your own modifications. Incredible.

The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (04-30-2017)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?