Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 08:47 AM
golferguy
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Changed out the riser extensions to 3". Still have 1"+ on the brake line, 2"+ on the bar wiring and the throttle cables but the clutch cable is done; I'd not be comfortable raising it any higher, it needs to be changed out if I want to go any higher now.

A subtle change from the 2" riser extensions, but it puts the bars exactly where I want them now.

40 ft-lbs on those riser bolts, my little Roseanne Roseannadannas....

Very nice look! Getting closer to apes ;-)
I got my poly riser bushings in and torqued to 40 ft-lbs. I have to wait till Friday to get my bike out. Why didn't my wife tell me they were painting/coating the driveway this week and no vehicles allowed in or out of the garage ;-(

What I almost did to my Dyna today:

I had a new chair's upholstery repaired - I found an issue after delivery but did not want to return it. They sent a tech to the house and 2 hours later completed to my satisfaction.

I am talking to the guy and I say "hey, can you make my stock bike seat more comfortable"? He says sure, order some high density memory foam and I can re-work it for you. Amazon delivers a 24x24x3 piece and he comes to pick it up. I get a call yesterday where the guy says no can do on the work. His power stapler will probably crack the plastic seat pan.

Well, now I am bummed. I like the look of the stock setup - seat and pillion but just need more comfort. I am now looking at sending to Mean City Cycles for just the comfort changes - nothing to the height or reach. Any Wide Gliders go this route? I like the Le Pera look too but from my research it will not give me more comfort.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-19-2017 at 05:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 03:31 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by golferguy
Very nice look! Getting closer to apes ;-)
I got my poly riser bushings in and torqued to 40 ft-lbs. I have to wait till Friday to get my bike out. Why didn't my wife tell me they were painting/coating the driveway this week and no vehicles allowed in or out of the garage ;-(

I was thinking of you when I wrote that and put in the torque spec; glad you've got the upgraded poly bushing in at the correct torque.

Now, get your driveway dry so you can ride!

golferguy (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 03:48 PM
GHarris
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Got my 2" risers onstalled on my 16 Fat Bob, much more comfortable.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:20 PM
GCJohnny
Intermediate
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey HrdKnx,

Great looking bike. I was wondering where you relocated the horn. It doesn't look like it's on the front of the frame. Any info you have would be great.

thanks!

Old 05-18-2017, 08:37 PM
BrianFXDWG
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice man,
That bike looks fun

Old 05-18-2017, 08:48 PM
TBT3
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Working on installing some DK Custom Thunder Torque Inserts. So far its Day Two and I've managed to get the heat shield and exhaust removed, and one baffle removed. Thanks to TinCup for the advice and encouragement.

Seems to be a lot of rust on the baffle. Does that seem normal for five years and 7,500 miles?

TinCupChalice (05-19-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 09:38 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Do you make a lot of short trips? If everything doesn't get hot enough to remove the moisture in the mufflers, rust can happen. Ethanol in the gas doesn't help either, as it attracts moisture. Just a couple of thoughts on the matter. tp dd50

Old 05-19-2017, 03:31 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Do you make a lot of short trips? If everything doesn't get hot enough to remove the moisture in the mufflers, rust can happen. Ethanol in the gas doesn't help either, as it attracts moisture. Just a couple of thoughts on the matter. tp dd50

+1 on this reply ..

Old 05-19-2017, 04:01 AM
Advanced
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomahawk309
I got my Phil Birch fairing painted and mounted up. I'm really happy with it. Phil is a class act!
That fairing just changes the whole appearance and character of the SB. Really good looking bike. Well done.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:14 AM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
While out for a ride yesterday, decided I would get some pics of the bike stripped down.

I Like it a lot

Care to share how that light bar mounts up?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?