Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 11:03 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Went out to the shop, looked at the bike, then said, damn I need to clean this shop...then I went back in the house.
LOL! Sounds exactly like me!

Old 10-01-2017, 12:54 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 241 Likes on 141 Posts

Decided since I seem to paint every bike I own and my buddy the painter has gotten so busy i don't want to bother him for any more favors, I would try my hand at learning to paint. I also am a warehouse manager for a large paint and body supply company if nothing else it's too cheap to not try. So today I scuffed the stock fxdls chopped fender I've had laying around and shot some primer on it to even some scratches out. Will sand and seal then onto trying to paint. Amazing how it's 95 percent prep work. Painting is the "easy" part.

Old 10-01-2017, 05:10 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

ripped up and down the parkway. not much more

Old 10-01-2017, 05:17 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 763 Likes on 631 Posts

Hmmm... What did I do?

A good wash and wax and sixty mile ride..
That's all

Old 10-01-2017, 06:14 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Took an old girlfriend from nearly 40 years ago for a ride!!! Luckily my wife doesn't care!

Old 10-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,513 Likes on 2,134 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Posting this here because I don't think ot warrants its own thread but I do think many might be interested.

Ordered some black filter oil because I hate pink. I didn't have a clean white filter to test it on but I did do a side by side on a white cotton rag.

This might be worth a try if you also hate K&N pink. Available thru Amazon in several colors. Yellow, blue, red, green, purple, black...

I got this yesterday, but now I’m hesitant to use it on my K&N. I did a side by side comparison of the green and the K&N oils. The K&N seems to be thicker, and the green filter oil had a definite petroleum smell, very different from the K&N.

Ordinarily I would call BS on a manufacturer saying “you can only use OUR product” it maybe there is a difference in the filters that calls for different oils. Maybe the green filter cotton is thicker and needs a thinner oil? Maybe that thinner oil won’t be as effective on the K&N?

Now I’m not sure if I want to risk it... I hate that I often overthink things.

Last edited by Mchad; 10-01-2017 at 07:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Tall Timber (10-05-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 07:21 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

I've found as men, we either over think things, or don't think at all, and just do it, consequences be dammed... At least that is what my EX use to tell me almost daily, for 28 years.

I imagine any of the lubes will work ok.

My KLR and KLX both had foam filters, and you simply oiled it with whatever motor oil laying around, and squeezed out the excess. Man, could those things grab the dust, after a day on dirt and gravel... tomp dd50

Old 10-02-2017, 06:22 AM
BobbyH83
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I would worry about the thinner oil being pulled into the intake and gumming up sensors for you guys with efi bikes.

No work on the bike for me. Got my stainless front brake line in but not installed. Also picked up a reduced reach kit in the classifieds. Maybe I can get some shop time next weekend.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:26 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyH83
I would worry about the thinner oil being pulled into the intake and gumming up sensors for you guys with efi bikes.

No work on the bike for me. Got my stainless front brake line in but not installed. Also picked up a reduced reach kit in the classifieds. Maybe I can get some shop time next weekend.
considering the bikes, in stock form, are set up to dump blowby into the throttle body, i don't think this oil would be an issue. I got my green oil on Saturday. Haven't fooled with it yet. Been fighting oil leaks on my sportster

Old 10-02-2017, 08:44 AM
hometeam
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

DK 2" riser extensions. Don't know how y'all get away with 3". Brake line seems to be the limiting factor for me. It's tight at lock. I was going to add LA Choppers curved risers that are about stock height, but didn't want to stretch brake line any further. Still way more comfortable for me. Should brake line be released from clips on neck?
Wiipro LED headlight from Amazon. $46. Great light. Huge improvement over stock. No codes after install. Minor pain in the *** with getting screw and nut holding trim ring back together. Extra pair of hands to hold ring closed and rotating ring so screw is at top helped to get nut started. Then rotate to bottom.
Custom Dynamics LED turn signals all around and smoked lenses in front. Worked great and worked immediately after installation. No fast flashing. No problem at all seating lenses on top of LED inserts. Didn't have to push gasket in or anything. Love 'em.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?