Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 07:28 AM
Narddog
Tourer
Received 402 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Can you tell me what bag that is above your headlight and where you got it? Bike looks great!
Originally Posted by Durham man
Looks like the hd fork bag. Get them cheap at the dealer.
I run one under my headlight with the windshield in early spring and late fall as a wind blocker.
Yup, Durham man is right. Regular old HD bag. Thanks for the compliment by the way!

The following users liked this post:
SixDD (01-28-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 02:08 PM
rking24
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got some new GS-3 shocks for the rear and gold valve cartridge emulators for the front from race tech: http://www.racetech.com/page/id/59

All I can say, is wow! What an improvement in handling.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:10 PM
billib1954
Road Master
Received 354 Likes on 233 Posts
Default Bush hogging yesterday

Fatbob down. Too fast, damp road and thinking about what I needed from grocery store, major FU. Bruised ribs on me, fairing and crashbar trashed. New crashbar ordered, will be running full time now as it kept bike off my leg. Lesson learned. Rode home after we got it out of the ditch. About a half dozen folks stopped to check on me. New seat held up well Mchad!

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:00 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by billib1954
Fatbob down. Too fast, damp road and thinking about what I needed from grocery store, major FU. Bruised ribs on me, fairing and crashbar trashed. New crashbar ordered, will be running full time now as it kept bike off my leg. Lesson learned. Rode home after we got it out of the ditch. About a half dozen folks stopped to check on me. New seat held up well Mchad!
S**T happens, especially when you least expect it. Glad to hear you are basically OK. Bruised ribs take a while but do heal, I know... Take care and enjoy the rides to come. tp dd50

billib1954 (01-28-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 03:24 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Damn. Sorry to hear that. Not bad all things considered, tho. Didn't hit anything and rode away. Did you get x-rays? If not, keep a close eye on things the next couple days. I tend to walk off broken bones to my inevitable detriment.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:35 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I walked on a broken ankle for weeks after I left the hospital ER after a motorcycle accident in 1989; it didnt hurt, but the swelling would not go down. I noticed my ankle would not bend all the way walking up the incline of the driveway after checking the mail. So, I went to the doc, they x rayed it, and they seemed to be amazed I was walking on it. I guess I have a high pain tolerance.

Now the worst pain I have ever felt in my life was after I got out of the out patient surgery on my ankle. The pain kicked in hard. I hung my leg out of the car window, didn't help. Excruciating! Couldn't get to the pharmacy quick enough. They only put some screws in my ankle, but damn!

Last edited by SixDD; 01-28-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:56 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Anyway...Today I filled the engine with fresh oil(2.5 quarts).

I put the battery on the charger, it didn't need to be charged. Good battery - as much as this bike has been sitting. I'll get another one of these batteries the next time. I'm waiting on the new derby cover gasket and screws.

I think it's all ready to go after this(still want to adjust the clutch, bleed front brakes). I'll probably put the Ride On in the front tire before I leave. I'm REALLY looking fwd to this ride!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea!!!!!!!!

Last edited by SixDD; 01-28-2018 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:05 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,191 Likes on 1,678 Posts

fk the bike, glad you are okay.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:01 PM
Gearhead88
Tourer
Received 116 Likes on 78 Posts

some progress today

Close to being ready for valve seat re-facing

Throttle body smoothed and blended

carguy1959 (01-30-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 08:02 PM
CLTBREAD
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Any day you can ride away is a great day! 👍

Pretty much finished the front end today... love the Delt Fab LED brake & clutch lever turn signals! Really cleaned up the front.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?