Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 10:26 PM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer
Well, Saturday was a beautiful sunny day, so went for a nice little ride with another CMAer from our chapter, ending up at the Albuquerque Christian Childrens home for their BBQ fundraiser. Food was catered by Rudy's, so it was tasty! Then, yesterday, since I had time, I worked on the bike. Readjusted the saddlebags so they sit more parallel to the ground. I think they look better. Here's the before:

And here is the after:

What do you think?
Then, I installed my stereo so my wife and I would have tunes when we take a short trip in a couple weeks, as well as spotlights on my crash bar. Figured out this morning that I'll have to do some minor adjustments to where the spotlights are mounted, as my toe of my left boot did tap against it once, and I'd rather not have anything get in the way in case of an emergency. Didn't have enough time to actually hook up the spotlights, as I'll need to patch in some longer wires, get a switch and figure out where to install it and how I'm going to hook it all up on the bike. Think I will get a fuse block, and either hook it up direct to the battery for full power to everything, or I've been thinking I might want those items to be switched, so I'm considering hooking it all up to the extra connector under the seat. I'm trying to have as little as possible hooked directly to the battery since room is fairly tight behind that side cover, so only having the normal connections to the bike and to the fuse block would be best, and everything; spotlights, stereo, heated gear connector, and anything else I want to add, can all be attached at the fuse block. What are your recommendations?
Man I miss ABQ, and Rudy's, Sadie's, green chilie, lotaburger, Blake's, dry heat.... just to name a few

Old 08-15-2018, 02:58 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Today I will go for a ride and hopefully the idle issue is fixed. I'm waiting for the rain to stop pouring. I do not mind riding in the rain. I just don't like to leave in it. I'm a strange bird, lol.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:50 AM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by STRES
Man I miss ABQ, and Rudy's, Sadie's, green chilie, lotaburger, Blake's, dry heat.... just to name a few
Yeah, those seem to be the main things most folks who've been here miss, along with Dion's. You could always come back for a visit!

Old 08-15-2018, 12:15 PM
SMFtwstdHICK
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Picked up a bike about a week ago.. Finally after 8 years of wanting one, being too much of a wuss to get one, finally did it. Rode it once so far, but, family and work come first, but, damn want to ride again. Hoping to today. Or, just like that past few days, go out to the garage , stare it, sit on it and still in awe that is in my possession... ****ing love this ride.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:41 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by SMFtwstdHICK
Picked up a bike about a week ago.. Finally after 8 years of wanting one, being too much of a wuss to get one, finally did it. Rode it once so far, but, family and work come first, but, damn want to ride again. Hoping to today. Or, just like that past few days, go out to the garage , stare it, sit on it and still in awe that is in my possession... ****ing love this ride.
Be careful and ride safe. We want you to be a member here for a LONG time to come. BTW, post a pic or two when you can. tp dd50

The following 2 users liked this post by dirtdreamer50:
Bluesrider.df (08-15-2018), SMFtwstdHICK (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 08:10 AM
SMFtwstdHICK
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Be careful and ride safe. We want you to be a member here for a LONG time to come. BTW, post a pic or two when you can. tp dd50
Thanks.. I'm taking it very slow. Going to get in a lot of practice.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:46 AM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Good for you, smart thinking. Enjoy your road time. tp

Old 08-16-2018, 08:55 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

It's an amazing feeling, right? Have you taken an MSF course? If not, DO IT! I promise you won't regret it.

The following users liked this post:
Jay Guild (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 11:32 AM
SMFtwstdHICK
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cggorman
It's an amazing feeling, right? Have you taken an MSF course? If not, DO IT! I promise you won't regret it.
Yes, I took the MSF course. Helped out big time in confidence and just awareness and respect for the motorcycle I didn't quite have before the class. After a year or so, I will be taking the intermediate course.

And, oh hell yea, it's an amazing feeling on this bike. I have taken out once and wow.. Just wow. Didn't get up all high in speed, not ready for that yet. Just puttering around and getting used to this bike. My own pace. Just a "little" bigger than the 250 I used in the class for that whopping day and a half.

Old 08-17-2018, 12:07 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Today was a good long test ride.

I just got back from a ride/test ride. The check engine light is off and it's not throwing any codes anymore. I just replaced the rear oxygen sensor.

The idle problem is not fixed.

So far I have cleaned the IAC, replaced rear oxygen sensor (it was throwing a code for that).

Checked to make sure throttle snaps back to idle position easily/quickly. No drag in cable or throttle grip.

Next up - check for throttle body intake leaks

Other than the high idle the bike runs great. After I get the bike out on the highway for a while, say cruising along at 60 - 70, then come to a stop; the bike is idling high, takes a while to come back down to a normal idle.

Last edited by SixDD; 08-17-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?