Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Club Style FXD--Help me spend $$

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 12:46 PM
SkabSavage
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also got a Corbin Close Gunfighter seat since this picture, but otherwise this is how my bike sits now.

Last edited by SkabSavage; 01-10-2015 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Photo
Old 01-10-2015, 01:24 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

A MUST is taller, high-end shocks. 13" is a good start.
Improved front suspension is required too.
Keep in mind that the idea is to make the bike faster. Not only power, but handling.

Old 01-10-2015, 04:55 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SawickiSpeed
I don't normally get on forums but my friend just sent this to me.

this could not be further from the truth.

I'm not a keyboard warrior by any means but i figured this deserved a response.

Feel free to hit me up by email if you want to further discuss the issue with me or what i make. sawickispeedshop@gmail.com

It's all good man, no point in arguing over the internet. I'll take responsibility and make it my own opinion.

I've seen the Sawicki pipe and the SPF pipe in person and I don't like the Sawicki, mostly due to the rough looking welds.

Last edited by emerican19; 01-10-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:12 PM
emory70
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default FNG advice

Ride your bike like it is. Don't make changes cause your friends are giving you a hard time. Learn the bike. Make changes based on your developing style of riding.

Be very wary of folks that bash certain brands. Pay more attention to positive reviews, from actual users.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:15 PM
keith22
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah learning how to ride you're first bike with high bars is probably not a good idea. each mod in "the club style" is made to fit you better to bike and alow comfort and maxing the ability of your bile/riding. soon. Bars you'll also have cables and with T-bars your stuck at that height and pullback, so I'd do risers and some speedster bars from southeast customs which will alow you to change the height as you please. Or if you want to the best of everything Jimmy's set up at forbidden risers can't be beat, which is 1 1/8 risers with sleeved pro taper bars. Fitting the bike to your dimensions is key, then start stage one.

Old 01-31-2015, 03:31 AM
gant
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
It's all good man, no point in arguing over the internet. I'll take responsibility and make it my own opinion.

I've seen the Sawicki pipe and the SPF pipe in person and I don't like the Sawicki, mostly due to the rough looking welds.

ordered me a spf pipe! cant wait to get it

Old 02-01-2015, 08:51 PM
JokerWhiskey
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol! I thought this thread had died! Thanks for all your help guys. The bike is underway. Fwds are on, Southeast Tbars are here and just waiting on cable kit and grips.

Still haven't decided on a stupid exhaust yet! I can't decide on a brand or whether to go black or chrome. I have to leave for a few weeks for work, but when I get back exhaust, rear shocks, and tires are up.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:06 AM
JonnyLew
Tourer

Originally Posted by emerican19
I

F-k Sawicki. That guy literally ripped off SPF pipes. He called up SPF, asked the guy what parts he uses because he wanted to try to build his own. Being the nice guy he is, Steve told him. Sawicki then went in to production but the quality isn't there. The welds looks like ****.

That being said, there's enough room behind my fairing. I run a pistol pocket, my dual gauges fit back there and I can stuff some other items if I need to.
Welds look like ****? This guy throws down the best dimes on exhaust ive seen.. you got your opinions but don't we all don't be throwin hard workin bros under the bus!.. Im still waiting from SDC for a response.. Sawicki Will always get in touch with you.. email him to see some of his work.. if its **** and a rip off why is it in such high demand on the dyna pages?

Old 02-02-2015, 12:07 AM
JonnyLew
Tourer

You can buy my bassani road rage megapower new in the box if you want.. then I will buy a sawicki pipe

Old 02-08-2015, 03:22 AM
DixonBeaver
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the Sawicki's are pretty sick. Pricey but they are the best 2-1 I have seen hands down. I can always find something I don't like about every pipe but those ones.

Quick Reply: Club Style FXD--Help me spend $$