Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Handlebar Encyclopedia

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 08:03 AM
CincyRider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Old Fat Boy Bars

Bike, 2008 Street Bob with integrate risers to the triple tree. I was looking to replace the stock mini apes with a lower buckhorn style bar, close to the set-up I had on my 2010 FXDC. A local dealer happened to have a set these new old stock old fat boy bars in stock, still in the wrapper and gave me a deal. By old, these 1" bars are part #56552-95 and fit the older fat boy, softail deluxe, and road kings!

The width is 1.5" longer and .5" taller than the FXDC bars. Install was pretty simple, the hardest part was getting the hand controls, throttle cables, etc. sorted on the new bars.

The rider position is perfect with forward controls and stock fxdb seat. I liked the mini apes but these are more comfortable and controllable. I dig the look a lot to boot.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Handlebar Encyclopedia-sb10.jpg   Dyna Handlebar Encyclopedia-sb11.jpg   Dyna Handlebar Encyclopedia-sb12.jpg  
Old 05-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Ricketts
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Handlebars--Road 6 customs 14" Holey Rollers
Bike--2014 Dyna Street bob
Pros and Cons--easy install no re-pinning of connectors, the 90° angles made the wire pull a little difficult but still pretty easy
How they compare to stock-- narrower stance and taller much more comfortable than stock
Cable extensions required--no, but relocation of clutch cable to the right side of the frame gave more room and a better angle. Also bent the throttle elbows a little bit to give them some slack.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Bump* Lets see some more bars and descriptions!

Old 06-03-2015, 10:33 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Great idea.

Bars are Wild1 8 inch pull back drag bars
Bike is a 2014 street bob
Stock bars were 10" mini apes, good height but reach was a bit much for my 5'7" stature
New bars have a slightly wider position and more relaxed wrist angle for me
Kept stock cables and could have gone up one size in height
Installation was fairly easy, 4 hours including my bumbling with the throttle side.
Tips include late model Dyna's having micro connectors eliminating the need to de-pin for internal wiring (yeeha)

Link to install thread:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...odel-bike.html

Old 06-04-2015, 08:06 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,384 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Wild 1 Chubbys 12" Psycho Street Fighters. Bars are 1.25" thick and have the electric lines running through them. Quality is excellent. Welding is smooth and chrome is flawless. I'm going on 2 seasons with them, and while they look great, I still debate on going with something else from a comfort perspective. Now having a different seat (Corbin classic solo), it puts my hands at a different angle with the bars for the better vs. my previous seat (HD TallBoy). Clutch and brake lines are stock. I wouldn't go any higher using the stock lines.

Height 12"
Pullback 8"
Width 31"

Stock FLD Bars
Height 8"
Pullback 10"
Width 32"

Old 06-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master

Those Street Fighters are B.A. I just don't like the idea of being stuck with the pullback you get. No adjustments.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:13 PM
jeffrob07
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireguy88
Thanks for the post and pics. Those are on my list of potential bars. Probably just go with the 12's though. I really only want my hands up a couple inches more than stock. I wish they came in 1.25in instead of just an inch.
Check out carlini evil apes, 1.25in easy to install and a++ quality!

Old 06-04-2015, 06:04 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Lots of good info here. A while back, I added Pull back risers, 4 1/2" X 1 1/2" still using my stock bars on the FXDC. I kept the bar alignment correct with the forks, like I learned MX racing 45 years ago. Worked OK, but still not what I wanted. Last night, I rolled the bars down several degrees, after viewing a few videos of POV riding of early Knuckles. Their bar ends pointed downward, allowing for around a 90 degree bend in the elbows. Went for an extended ride today, on twisties and straight hiway conditions and found that MOCO was on to something , 70 years ago. Love the feel and control, but would like the bars to have a little wider spread, like the 36-39's did.

Riding w/o a windshield, the lower arm placement helped with the wind blast, too. BTW, has anyone used the bars from the Softail Deluxe? They feel like they are the design I'm hunting, but $80.00 to see is above my current budget. ... tomp dd50

Old 06-04-2015, 09:32 PM
TXScorpion
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Harley mini-apes on mine.
Cant speak to the install because they were on it when I bought it.

I have been paying attention to this thread because apparently I bent my right bar when I dropped the bike a couple months ago.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master

Man that sucks. What happened? I'm waiting to do my bars when my seat from sick saddles gets here. See where it moves me.

Quick Reply: Dyna Handlebar Encyclopedia