Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Help: Mustang vs Le Pera

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Seat Help: Mustang vs Le Pera

I'm 6ft tall with mid controls on a '15 FXDB. I currently have a sick saddles 2 up that I really like. But its not comfortable for my passenger or for me for any great distance. Not wide enough for either of us.

On my Road Glide I had a Mustang and a Saddlemen. The mustang was good for my passenger but too hard for me after a couple of hours my butt started to hurt. So I ordered the saddlemen explorer for my street bob. It is soft enough, but its not wide or deep enough for me and my big butt. Its 12 inches wide. Not enough improvement if any from my sick saddles to keep it.

The dilemma:
I've found a few seats I'm interested in. Mustang Wide Vintage, Le Pera Monterey and the Le Pera Maverick.

The Mustang is 16 inches wide, and with my past experience know its wide and deep enough but worry it'll be too hard like the one on my FLTR.

Le Pera Monterey is 15 inches wide. And the Maverick is 13.75 inches wide. But I've never ridden or even sat on a Le Pera and don't know how hard/soft or deep they are.

I like the idea of the Maverick as I believe I'll be switching seats often for when my gf rides and a one piece 2 up seat would just be easier to swap out. I've considered buying one of the wider ones and just adding some sort of pad to soften things up but again, have no experience with those.

Has anybody had both and can compare? Or any info on any of these seats would really help. Or anybody have the same issues that went to adding a pad? Also, does anyone know the difference between the Maverick and the Maverick "Full Length?" If not I'll likely call them to find out if I decide on the Maverick.

Sorry for starting yet another new seat thread but I couldn't find answers to my questions or side by side comparisons. If anyone is interested in buying my saddlemen it only has about 2 hours on it. http://www.jpcycles.com/product/800-0315

Seats I'm looking at:
http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...vidsonreg-Dyna

http://lepera.com/v4_Dyna_06_13_detail.php?SEATID=29

http://lepera.com/v4_Dyna_06_13_detail.php?SEATID=33

Last edited by Fireguy88; 08-17-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:58 PM
vsick
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the vintage solo mustang on my street Bob. I find the shape of it really comfertable and looks really good but the back lip is way to hard and hurts after about 150 miles. Just did a 800 mile trip and iv been hurting for 3 days.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:14 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 849 Likes on 373 Posts

I had a vintage wide must and with backrest. Could not of asked for a better seat. I will be getting another one

I'm 6'4

Old 08-18-2015, 06:16 AM
charger426
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Mustang Diamond Stitch Wide Tripper solo and Passenger pad for sale right now. Passenger pad is new in box and the Solo seat sat on my by for about 30 seconds and went right back in the box. Have it priced lower than any new ones I found. Might be worth a shot with Tripper, Mustang said they designed the Tripper for something like 250 or 300 miles a day if I remember correctly.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:50 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I also have the vintage wide and I really like it. If you go with a mustang you can add their 12" wide passenger pillion that can be quickly removed with one screw. The mustang is a little firmer than the 2up sundowner I have but its every bit as comfortable. My ol moaned when I changed seats until she tried the new pillion out. I switched because the sundowner is fugly. Both were all day seats for both of us

Last edited by ynots; 08-18-2015 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:25 AM
jojo1dog
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have had both mustang with backrest, very good seat, but it did not fit me right, went to a lepera and it fits me better. depends on the person, see if you can sit on them
at a dealer or maybe at a bike night. that should help some but to tell for sure you need to spend some time on seat, liked the mustang before I took a long ride.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:09 AM
Fireguy88
Road Master

Originally Posted by ynots
I also have the vintage wide and I really like it. If you go with a mustang you can add their 12" wide passenger pillion that can be quickly removed with one screw. The mustang is a little firmer than the 2up sundowner I have but its every bit as comfortable. My ol moaned when I changed seats until she tried the new pillion out. I switched because the sundowner is fugly. Both were all day seats for both of us
I may give the sundowner a shot then. Its cheaper than the others, and if you say its softer than a mustang but just as wide it may be the ticket for me. I don't care so much about the looks as it'll be my comfy seat. My sick saddles is a pretty good looking seat I think.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:10 AM
Fireguy88
Road Master

Originally Posted by jojo1dog
I have had both mustang with backrest, very good seat, but it did not fit me right, went to a lepera and it fits me better. depends on the person, see if you can sit on them
at a dealer or maybe at a bike night. that should help some but to tell for sure you need to spend some time on seat, liked the mustang before I took a long ride.
What makes the fit better? Would you say the le pera is softer or more firm?
Thanks for your help!

Old 08-18-2015, 11:12 AM
Fireguy88
Road Master

Originally Posted by vsick
I have the vintage solo mustang on my street Bob. I find the shape of it really comfertable and looks really good but the back lip is way to hard and hurts after about 150 miles. Just did a 800 mile trip and iv been hurting for 3 days.

Thanks for the input. Are you going to be hunting for a new seat then?

Old 08-18-2015, 12:14 PM
jojo1dog
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

the shape of the lepera, is a little different on the edges and the front get's narrow in a different area, I also had a sundowner solo, it was the softest, then the mustang is next, lepera and corbin are the stiffest. been thru a lot of seats. for me the lepera stays on the bike, brother has a harley touring seat that he loves. looks like the sundowner cut down a little.he went to the harley dealer and tried seats for a week, then decided on the one he wanted, if you have the time try that

Quick Reply: Seat Help: Mustang vs Le Pera