Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

30t pulley. Anyone done it and regretted it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 06:08 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

I heard that csrbonnfiber final drve belts are being used by a msnufscturer on their newer models. Could be zindian. Ir maybe just an after market.
But the hyoe is all
sbout increased tinselmstrength and bsdically only requires a break in sdjustment once and firget it type deal

Old 06-18-2018, 05:12 PM
Valleyofthegun
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 30/66

So after looking into everything I have decided to pass on doing the 30 tooth pulley. The bike I bought has the PC-V and it has had the o2 sensors removed from the short shot pipes.
In order to do the swap correctly I would need to put o2 sensors back on. The bungs on the short shots are 18mm and the sensors are 12mm so an adapter would be needed. Adding adapters can also create an issue where the o2 sensor isn't deep enough in the pipe to get a good reading, which can cause the bike to run badly.
Between the cost of a new tuner, o2 sensors, the 30t pulley, and possibly new pipes, I could do the 110ci screaming eagle kit with cams.
I know I could do it by just adding the pulley but I don't want to add a bunch of ghost miles to the bike or have the speedo be 6% off.

Last edited by Valleyofthegun; 06-18-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:36 PM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by splattttttt
I heard that csrbonnfiber final drve belts are being used by a msnufscturer on their newer models. Could be zindian. Ir maybe just an after market.
But the hyoe is all
sbout increased tinselmstrength and bsdically only requires a break in sdjustment once and firget it type deal
Were you having a stroke as you wrote that? Honest question.

The following users liked this post:
NO4NJNK (01-02-2022)
Old 06-19-2018, 04:59 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,451 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by Valleyofthegun
So after looking into everything I have decided to pass on doing the 30 tooth pulley. The bike I bought has the PC-V and it has had the o2 sensors removed from the short shot pipes.
In order to do the swap correctly I would need to put o2 sensors back on. The bungs on the short shots are 18mm and the sensors are 12mm so an adapter would be needed. Adding adapters can also create an issue where the o2 sensor isn't deep enough in the pipe to get a good reading, which can cause the bike to run badly.
Between the cost of a new tuner, o2 sensors, the 30t pulley, and possibly new pipes, I could do the 110ci screaming eagle kit with cams.
I know I could do it by just adding the pulley but I don't want to add a bunch of ghost miles to the bike or have the speedo be 6% off.
my bike has powercomander-v, o2 are bypassed. Dakota digital speed recalibrater. Correct mph- correct mileage. 110 kit will be a nice upgrade. You will still have to retune. Good luck with your upgrades

Old 06-19-2018, 07:03 AM
Valleyofthegun
Cruiser
Default Dakota digital

Originally Posted by Durham man

my bike has powercomander-v, o2 are bypassed. Dakota digital speed recalibrater. Correct mph- correct mileage. 110 kit will be a nice upgrade. You will still have to retune. Good luck with your upgrades
Did you lose you gear indicator lights when you did the 30/70.
I'm new to PC-V and tuning. It appears the bike I bought only has a pcV and nothing else. Does this mean I would have to pay to have it put on a dyno to change my tune or could I just contact dynojet and request a new map?

Old 06-19-2018, 11:04 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 730 Likes on 561 Posts

I'm new to PC-V and tuning. It appears the bike I bought only has a pcV and nothing else. Does this mean I would have to pay to have it put on a dyno to change my tune or could I just contact dynojet and request a new map?
Why would you need to put the O2 sensors back in? Is that just to tune it? I wouldn't think the pulley swap would have much affect on a tune at all. There is a unit to correct the speed that costs about $100. I will say I did the 30/70 and after doing it I wouldn't with a 5 speed as at 80 mph on interstate I'm running about 3200 rpms in 6th gear.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:31 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,451 Likes on 924 Posts

I don’t believe you can recalibrate your speedometer with power camander, I believe you can with power vision. I think I confused you when I said I had mine set when it was on the dyno . I had the dyno guy adjust it because it was convenient. With the Dakota digital speed recalibrater you push a button up or down to adjust your speedometer. You just need something to tell you how fast you are going. I assume you think you need your 02 sensor to have it dynoed at a dealer. You don’t need to have a retune after pulley swap. If you ever do need to retune, just bring it somewhere besides a dealer. The reason power camander bypasses the 02 sensors is to turn up the fuel to get a good tune I believe but I am not an expert.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:43 AM
Valleyofthegun
Cruiser
Default Learning curve

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Why would you need to put the O2 sensors back in? Is that just to tune it? I wouldn't think the pulley swap would have much affect on a tune at all. There is a unit to correct the speed that costs about $100. I will say I did the 30/70 and after doing it I wouldn't with a 5 speed as at 80 mph on interstate I'm running about 3200 rpms in 6th gear.
since I typed this I learned I could use a stand alone speedo fix so I don't have to put the o2 sensors back in. With that said I'm still going to hold off. I want to ride a bit more and learn a bit more about the pcV. I don't want to spend another 100$ on a stand alone speedo fix and then end up buying the power vision down the road.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:51 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dragons
Were you having a stroke as you wrote that? Honest question.
hehe, sorry man. I know some can have a hard time reading my ****. I go by phone 99.9999% 0f the times. Usually in a hurry and I haz fat fingers. They iz long too and vainy as ****.

I heard that csrbonnfiber carbon fiber final drve drive belts are being used by a msnufscturer manufacturer on their newer models. Could be zindian indian. Ir Or maybe just an after market.
But the hyoe hype is all
sbout about increased tinselmstrength tinsel strength and bsdically basically only requires a break in sdjustment adjustment once and firget forget it type deal

Old 06-20-2018, 04:33 PM
Vee Jay
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .

i have 2010 FLHX with a 96 in.³ currently moving to a 10 7 in.³. I’ll also have the game changer 30 tooth sprocket in the front and stock sprocket in the rear with over 6000 miles on this set up. Your speedometer will be off you will need the power vision to correct it. I also currently run to PC5 on my set up with an auto tunes. You only need to change the O2 sensors if you put the auto tune on the bike.

I can tell you that the low-end torque in every gear is unbelievable you will definitely lose gas mileage but the fun factor out Weighs it. You can run the power vision with or without auto tune. You can call DynoJet and they will tell you what you need to complete the change for the speedometer in 6th gear.

Last edited by Vee Jay; 06-20-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Quick Reply: 30t pulley. Anyone done it and regretted it?