Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leatherpros FXDXT retro bags questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 12:56 AM
Squadboss36
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Leatherpros FXDXT retro bags questions

So recently I've been contemplating on putting saddle bags on to my FXDL and I really like the the Leatherpros FXDXT retro saddlebags but I have a few questions. First off how well do the bags hold up over time with looks and function in mind? I'd like to hear from the guys who have had them for some time.
Also, I do know they are a sponsor on this site but do they offer a discount for members?

Old 12-15-2015, 01:30 AM
fxrnutt
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Had mine for a year....they never come off. I use them everyday. A great product from a great company. Mine still look new after 8k miles

Old 12-15-2015, 02:43 AM
Squadboss36
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fxrnutt
Had mine for a year....they never come off. I use them everyday. A great product from a great company. Mine still look new after 8k miles
Thanks for the response man! I've heard alot of good things about them just trying to be 100% sure on $600 dollar bags! Not to get off topic or anything but how do you like the brembo calipers vs the stocks ones on your scoot? Its another idea I've thought of doing to mine.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:41 AM
Odelay
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had mine for more than 2 years. No issues. Solid product, especially for the price.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:05 AM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

Same here. Over two years, no problems at all and if there is one Garry will make it right, no questions.
If you can, go for the leather ones for $200.00 more. You won`t be disappointed with either version though.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:11 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Only one year so far but went on the recommendation of those who had them from the start. No issues with mine. After a bit of time you need to readjust the jam nuts on the quick release mechanisms, they explain how to do this in the instructions. Pretty awesome product

Old 12-15-2015, 11:01 AM
fxrnutt
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Brembos are nice.A great mod.With the ebc HH pads I rarely touch the back brake unless 2up. I picked up new take offs from fleabay for 150. $ well spent

Old 12-15-2015, 11:18 AM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I've had mine for a little over a year now. Absolutely no complaints. They're on the bike 75% of the time and still look and function like new. Wouldn't hesitate to purchase again, well worth every penny

Old 12-15-2015, 08:25 PM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 253 Likes on 162 Posts

I bought a set of the Leather Pros FXDXT Retro Bags over the summer and they're definitely worth it. A few of my friends have also purchased them and have nothing but good things to say. As far as I'm concerned, there's no better luggage out there for a Dyna and Garry is a pleasure to deal with. Spend the money...you won't regret it.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Squadboss36
Intermediate

Thanks for all the replies guys. These bags seem to be pretty legit. I'm most likely gonna go ahead and pull the trigger on them after the holidays. But I still have one question that has been unanswered so far...Do they offer a discount for forum members?

Originally Posted by fxrnutt
Brembos are nice.A great mod.With the ebc HH pads I rarely touch the back brake unless 2up. I picked up new take offs from fleabay for 150. $ well spent
Sounds good man! I might do that in the mean time before I do a complete overhaul and switch to a lyndall set-up but thats gonna be a while down the road as its some major coin!

Quick Reply: Leatherpros FXDXT retro bags questions