Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moons MC Daymaker 5 3/4

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 01:09 AM
662894v
Tourer
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumper1
Curious as well. Been looking at both the Moto and Moon. Moto disturbs me for no other reason than only available via face book or e-mail. Both are 4100 lumens. Moto only has a 30 day return policy, no warranty. Photo on moon's website shows bright but not sure I am all that impressed. Certainly better than stock. Would really like to see a comparison of both. Some research I have done is they are great as long as you are on a straight away but don't throw light well when at a lean angle thru the curves. Anybody?
I seriously considered the Moons MC, JW Speaker and Moto Illumination. What sold me on the Moto was the light pattern. It seems that most of the "daymaker" styled lights have a dark area in front of the bike in a "batwing" pattern. I hope the pictures help you at least see the contrast between a few different lights. It really shows how bad the stock light is and any new light will be an improvement. I hope this helps in some way.

Stock low beam

Stock high beam

Moto low beam

Moto high beam. All of the above photos were taken at 25' from the garage.

Moon's Mc from their website

Old 01-28-2016, 07:36 AM
Tat2dale
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

It would be nice if one person could compare and give there impression of both of these lights and the HD daymaker.

But that will probably not happen because of the expense of having all three of these lights in there hands at the same time.

These 3 lights are the ones that I am considering for my bike.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:37 AM
jjaho22
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah I agree.. i wanted to see some test photos. I will say that from what little info I have read about the Moons that there has not been one negative comment.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:18 AM
jjaho22
Novice

Does anyone have additional test photos for the Moons Daymaker?

Old 01-28-2016, 06:49 PM
Jumper1
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

"I seriously considered the Moons MC, JW Speaker and Moto Illumination. What sold me on the Moto was the light pattern. It seems that most of the "daymaker" styled lights have a dark area in front of the bike in a "batwing" pattern. I hope the pictures help you at least see the contrast between a few different lights. It really shows how bad the stock light is and any new light will be an improvement. I hope this helps in some way."

Doug, The pics posted toward the garage door look good. The last one you posted looks like the one from their website? For bright at 4100 lumens that doesn't appear to be to impressive. Maybe that is further than it looks. I have umpteen dozen flashlights around the house. I have a 600 lumen AA powered light that blows that away. I realize that is not an apples to apples comparison. How do like it in the curves? I really appreciate the pics. I am leaning towards the Moons too.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:21 PM
662894v
Tourer
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumper1
"I seriously considered the Moons MC, JW Speaker and Moto Illumination. What sold me on the Moto was the light pattern. It seems that most of the "daymaker" styled lights have a dark area in front of the bike in a "batwing" pattern. I hope the pictures help you at least see the contrast between a few different lights. It really shows how bad the stock light is and any new light will be an improvement. I hope this helps in some way."

Doug, The pics posted toward the garage door look good. The last one you posted looks like the one from their website? For bright at 4100 lumens that doesn't appear to be to impressive. Maybe that is further than it looks. I have umpteen dozen flashlights around the house. I have a 600 lumen AA powered light that blows that away. I realize that is not an apples to apples comparison. How do like it in the curves? I really appreciate the pics. I am leaning towards the Moons too.
Yes, that photo is from the Moons site. I've only been able to go for a real short ride around the neighborhood since we've had snow and ice since I've installed the light. When you turn the high beam on its basically like turning on a big spot light in the center. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but if you look closely you may be able to pick it out. It really shoots a good beam out. I hope to get out during the next couple of days as we're going to be in the upper 40's and dry and be able to check it out a little more.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:34 AM
jjaho22
Novice

Thanks for the pictures man. I think the moons doesn't look as bright in this case because its being directed into a field and not against a white garage panel.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:31 AM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,119 Likes on 2,675 Posts

That moon pic from the website doesn't have a reflective background like the one going up against the white door, so when you take a pic with a cell phone, it looks darker than it probably is. That was my finding when I put the Primo Rivera one on my last bike and was trying to shoot comparisons.

Old 01-29-2016, 02:08 PM
Jumper1
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 662894v
Yes, that photo is from the Moons site. I've only been able to go for a real short ride around the neighborhood since we've had snow and ice since I've installed the light. When you turn the high beam on its basically like turning on a big spot light in the center. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but if you look closely you may be able to pick it out. It really shoots a good beam out. I hope to get out during the next couple of days as we're going to be in the upper 40's and dry and be able to check it out a little more.
Let's us know what you think. Looking to ride tomorrow myself. Thanks for posting the photos.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:11 PM
Nikolaiownz
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

You can always replace the H4 with the led bulp kit insert... my dealer has one with is 2500 lm.. and its bright as ****... same or better than daymaker forsure and its like 100 bucks..

Quick Reply: Moons MC Daymaker 5 3/4