Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna S Lounge: FXDL-S

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 04:10 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Originally Posted by Fr8dawg

The first think I am trying to do is replace all lights with LED. I am in the process of figuring our how to delete the front bullet style turn signals with the Harley LED signal mirrors. So far the dealership is saying that it cannot be done and I will be stuck with the stock lights... or the mirrors will not function properly as turn signals. I will post what I figure our.
The LED mirrors WILL function correctly as turn signals if you delete the stock turn signals. They are powered from spare connectors in the frame backbone rather than from anything up the front of the bike.

However - if you delete the front signals, the CANBUS will probably see no load at the front and throw codes or not function properly.

You could try bar end LED indicators instead of the stock signals (I did and it works perfectly with the LED mirrors). They are sweet and discrete and nobody knows they are there until you use them.

These ones are MotoGadget M-Disc

Old 03-27-2016, 06:07 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by superslomo
Just picked mine up yesterday. First Harley. So far, so good. Will the front brake get stronger as it beds in or should I look for better pads? (sorry, no quality pics yet)
Definitely improves as the pads bed it. I have a set of Lyndall pads I bought when mine was new and never bothered to install yet.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:12 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by adm
The LED mirrors WILL function correctly as turn signals if you delete the stock turn signals. They are powered from spare connectors in the frame backbone rather than from anything up the front of the bike.

However - if you delete the front signals, the CANBUS will probably see no load at the front and throw codes or not function properly.
I wonder why? When you add the mirror sigs, you are adding the (albeit low) load as adding say custom dynamics LED sigs (which I use). The learning process detects the new lights, doesn't it? Or are the mirrors running lights only (no indicators)?

Old 03-27-2016, 10:08 AM
203Cree
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I will start. Bought my bike last week. Couldnt be happier with it. I wish it had a larger fairing and slightly taller risers for the handlebars, but otherwise, its a sweet ride.

The first think I am trying to do is replace all lights with LED. I am in the process of figuring our how to delete the front bullet style turn signals with the Harley LED signal mirrors. So far the dealership is saying that it cannot be done and I will be stuck with the stock lights... or the mirrors will not function properly as turn signals. I will post what I figure our.

Next project is replacing the rear bullet brake/running/turn signals with LED. I think I will be getting the Custom Dynamics LED inserts... but havent researched which ones.

As far as performance mods, I plan to add a Bassani Road Rage exhaust system.
The mirrors absolutely can be done, but you will lose your running lights on the front, as the mirrors are two wire connections instead of three. It's a canbus bike, it will run them without an equalizer, but your dash indicator will blink fast. I've had LED's on the front of my 13 since new, they work as advertised.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:45 AM
Fr8dawg
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 203Cree
The mirrors absolutely can be done, but you will lose your running lights on the front, as the mirrors are two wire connections instead of three. It's a canbus bike, it will run them without an equalizer, but your dash indicator will blink fast. I've had LED's on the front of my 13 since new, they work as advertised.
Im confused... Harley advertises the mirror lights function as running AND turn signal...

Old 03-27-2016, 02:40 PM
superslomo
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Definitely improves as the pads bed it. I have a set of Lyndall pads I bought when mine was new and never bothered to install yet.
Thanks! That is good news as I was a bit concerned at first. I'll see how it is doing at the 1,000 visit to the mothership.

slomo

Old 03-27-2016, 04:45 PM
203Cree
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Im confused... Harley advertises the mirror lights function as running AND turn signal...
They may have changed them up then. Pretty sure the set we installed was a 2 wire setup. If they're 3 wires, then that is correct.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:33 PM
Mchad
Club Member

My dealer called me as they have one showing up on Friday. I may take a stroll down there.

Question for those who have one already. Has anyone done a "stage 1" yet? I'm wondering about the air cleaner and the TBW. I imagine with the throttle by wire that it will need a different air cleaner, and am wondering what's out there...

Edit: I know it has the cone SE intake, but I actually hate the exposed cone and want to go with a standard big sucker style back plate, is why I asked.

Last edited by Mchad; 03-28-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:40 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 735 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
My dealer called me as they have one showing up on Friday. I may take a stroll down there....
:i con_headbang::ic on_deal:

Dude, make it happen, damn nice bike, and get that 117" installed at pickup

Old 03-28-2016, 01:17 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are 2 wire and can still be used as running lights, best to use the harness they come with. They're not supposed to be used without stockers (they're classed as auxiliary lighting) but you can do it easily.

Give the forum a search, there's a threat on these mirrors with plenty info on how folks have set them up

Originally Posted by 203Cree
They may have changed them up then. Pretty sure the set we installed was a 2 wire setup. If they're 3 wires, then that is correct.

Quick Reply: Dyna S Lounge: FXDL-S