Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani or D&D

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 10:12 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,655 Likes on 797 Posts

I saw and heard the D&D Bobcat in person a month ago. A different sound for sure. Very throaty at idle and barks when throttle blipped. It's a sexy looking pipe with many variations in finish available. The cans can be had in black, chrome or carbon fiber. The headers in chrome or black. You can mix and match. Only caveat is if you are using saddlebags you may have to add a heat deflector or insulator under the right bag to prevent scorching.

Last edited by Antonio Balls; 08-20-2016 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:45 PM
newdyna
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Antonio; on the black bike, what size front tire and wheel have you got? I would like to add to my FXD tire size a bit. Also, you guys talk exhaust looks, but not much on sound. I have Rush on mine, just a bit too much bark and bite. Would like to have more rumble and less bark. Any thoughts. I have the smallest baffles and added the thunder inserts...hmmm.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:04 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Seat of pants Bassani, DD, TH etc etc you feel much difference . If you want to see on paper who knows depends on Dyno tuner, if it's a happy Dyno seem to be a ton of them here.

Go with what you like visual and sound wise. Even though a bike that you hear may sound good when it rides by. It might not sound good to you when your riding with that pipe. I've run them all I really have no favorite . They all have there + and -. This much I can tell you nothing sounds like a TH nothing. Bassani black finish is A1 . DD is great all away around exspect for weight . I have not heard the bobcat in person but does look cool. I ran Bad Dawgs on my 85 FXR loved um cause they were different. Hey if you do t like the pipe you can always sell it. Most here on this board change pipes often. I've had so many exhaust in my time I could vacation in Aruba a few times and then some lol

Old 08-24-2016, 11:47 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

i'm really liking the chrome headre/black sleeve.. that'd kinda what i wanted from bassani on a rr2 but, nobody is responding to the question of the sound of the bobcat on the highway.... does it drone or disappear in terms of sound? onn the highway?

Old 08-24-2016, 04:16 PM
scott504
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 08-24-2016, 04:24 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
i'm really liking the chrome headre/black sleeve.. that'd kinda what i wanted from bassani on a rr2 but, nobody is responding to the question of the sound of the bobcat on the highway.... does it drone or disappear in terms of sound? onn the highway?
Nobody here with about half an answer to your question: 2 things I never hear, anyone complain about their Power Vision or Bobcat exhaust!

I don't find the BC loud, it ain't Goldwing quiet but it's no way near Public Enemy #1. Smooth, can show a slight bark at throttle but at highway speed just tooling along, no, it's tone won't distract you.

That's one thing I really like about it, it'll conceal a demon

Old 08-24-2016, 04:34 PM
scott504
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cvaria
I agree completely with Suede, at idle and at cruising speed it isn't loud but when you get on it there is definitely a loud bark. I will put up a video later.

Old 08-24-2016, 04:43 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,462 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Personally, I think the BobCat sounds like a Rolls Royce Merlin engine on overrun at cruise. In case you don't know, that's a 27 litre, supercharged V-12 aero engine

It's a really, really nice sounding pipe.

Barks when you crank it, growls like a P-51 or a Spitfire when you are cruising at decent RPM. And howls when you nail it. I have Spitfires overhead here 5 or 6 times a year and I swear to god my bike sounds very similar.

Old 08-24-2016, 04:45 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts
Old 08-24-2016, 05:33 PM
scott504
Cruiser

Dynojet Power Vision Tuner and D&D Bobcat

Last edited by scott504; 08-24-2016 at 07:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (08-24-2016)

Quick Reply: Bassani or D&D