Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going back in... Cylinders and pistons time

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 11:46 AM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Very nice!

Old 08-05-2017, 02:16 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Not finding any covers that strike my fancy but have noticed that some have mentioned putting their stock cover on. I don't have a stock cover anymore, but would essentially any round 6+ inch cover fit on this? Would I put it on top of the current cover or replace the current one do you think? I'd kind of like to have a transparent cover like what I had before with a cyclone insert or thereabouts. If not no biggie, it's just appearance but still.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

I bought this football type HD cover off ebay years ago, cut it, then PC. I left the front portion on to help block the dirt and rain and cut the back off so my knee clears it and to expose more filter, that probably doesn't really improve the intake but it doesn't hurt.
Just make sure the surfaces mate up and it should seal fine whatever you decide on.

What's the measurement on the depth of that big filter?

What's causing those spots on your seat and console, let's get that tidyed up!

That gloss black tank sure would look sleek with those badges removed

Attached Thumbnails Going back in... Cylinders and pistons time-a-c-1.jpg   Going back in... Cylinders and pistons time-a-c-2.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
F86 (08-05-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 02:40 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
I bought this football type HD cover off ebay years ago, cut it, then PC. I left the front portion on to help block the dirt and rain and cut the back off so my knee clears it and to expose more filter, that probably doesn't really improve the intake but it doesn't hurt.
Just make sure the surfaces mate up and it should seal fine whatever you decide on.

What's the measurement on the depth of that big filter?

What's causing those spots on your seat and console, let's get that tidyed up!

That gloss black tank sure would look sleek with those badges removed
Thanks Suede! I'd like to keep the filter element open, so thinking of a cover that either bolts into the center hole and is nice and flush to the black cover, or find one that would replace the current cover and screws into the 3 support struts and becomes the piece of bread squishing the filter sandwich. I wonder if those 3 holes are a standard with all covers? If standard maybe I can get a custom one done, I need to get my double flag done, USA and Canada.

Those spots, I have no idea, I think I permanently stained the seat and console a while back and haven't been able to fix it. really need to figure it out and get it properly cleaned though.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:50 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
Ha! Indeed it might be time... What kind of riding do you do? I've been on an endurance geometry bike these last few years, nice and stable for long days in the saddle. I average about 4000 miles a year, little bit more now I hope.
just exercise, no competitions or peloton riding. 4000=long rides. i clear 500-1000mi. i run more than i ride. i will be switching that up.

Old 08-05-2017, 09:09 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,031 Likes on 652 Posts

My other, other bike

That's what helps me to stay so svelte and handsome haha

Last edited by misfitJason; 08-05-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:35 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Awesome shots! I once had a Motobecane, toured all around New England when I was 16 on it (long time ago), carried 44 lbs on the back of the bike and another 20 on the front. One of the best trips of my life.

Great pic of you and your daughter. I'm trying to get my 10 year old into cycling. He'll go for picnics and such a few miles but nothing major yet. One of his friends from when we lived in VA also 10yrs old is racing mountain bikes already, don't I wish!

This is my ride these days (at least until I get the Speedvagen if I'm lucky)

Last edited by robbyville; 08-05-2017 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:26 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

evil domane. What are you using for metrics? I'm in love with the edge 520.

my old 1.5:
View this post on Instagram

Old 08-06-2017, 08:43 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cvaria
evil domane. What are you using for metrics? I'm in love with the edge 520.

my old 1.5:
]
That's a beaut! I built this one from the frame up, it's a 2013 5.9 frame with Dura Ace 9070 electronic shifting with a bar top climbing shifter. Once you try electronic it's tough to go back. Bike came in at 14lbs 4oz, with pedals.

For metrics I use an Edge 520, great unit that has everything needed. I pair with both heartrate and Power meter (Stages). That piece of taped paper on the top tube are my power bands for training from the last year I raced but I haven't been these last two seasons since coming to CA.

Hey, any idea if the 3 bolt pattern that holds the cover against the filter is a standard format?

Old 08-06-2017, 08:54 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

That's a beaut! I built this one from the frame up, it's a 2013 5.9 frame with Dura Ace 9070 electronic shifting with a bar top climbing shifter. Once you try electronic it's tough to go back. Bike came in at 14lbs 4oz, with pedals.

For metrics I use an Edge 520, great unit that has everything needed. I pair with both heartrate and Power meter (Stages). That piece of taped paper on the top tube are my power bands for training from the last year I raced but I haven't been these last two seasons since coming to CA.

Hey, any idea if the 3 bolt pattern that holds the cover against the filter is a standard format?
that's not the cover. that's just the top/filter holder. the tapped hole in the middle is for your cover. that should leave you open to most covers.

Quick Reply: Going back in... Cylinders and pistons time