Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are people going to continue making thug/club style bikes with the new softails?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 10:24 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by OddJack
Look, my post was about the trends and marketing and the direction they are taking. It requires a level of knowledge and comprehension that not everyone on this forum has.

For you I recommend topics such as seats and turn signals and tire pressure and the likes.
No sir. You are talking out of school ....that's what you are doing.
adding dual guages became easier with the dynas and now even easier with new softails since they are all basically the same bike.

The low rider softail guages and harness are now going to be the default for club. and since they are all keyless, theres no need to worry about ignition switch relocation. Also takes care of the idiot lights since all but the breakout and street bob have the indicators in the guages.

We, the dyna forum, have already done the work and can plainly see how it's gotten easier. Proof of the pudding: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-quetions.html You are talking out of your patoot.

Adding tbars and etc are just as easy. If you go back and look at the "useless"(according to you ) oictures i posted of fatbob nuts and bolts, you will see the triple tree and riser bolts behind that ugly light. You gotta stop shooting your mouth off with out doing research.

Last edited by cvaria; 09-12-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:47 AM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria

No sir. You are talking out of school ....that's what you are doing.

adding dual guages became easier with the dynas and now even easier with new softails since they are all basically the same bike.

The low rider softail guages and harness are now going to be the default for club. and since they are all keyless, theres no need to worry about ignition switch relocation. Also takes care of the idiot lights since all but the breakout and street bob have the indicators in the guages.

We, the dyna forum, have already done the work and can plainly see how it's gotten easier. You are talking out of your patoot.

Adding tbars and etc are just as easy. If you go back and look at the "useless"(according to you ) oictures i posted of fatbob nuts and bolts, you will see the triple tree and riser bolts behind that ugly light. You gotta stop shooting your mouth off with out doing research.

Mods, please move this poster to softail forum. This confused soul is still dreaming of a new softail turned into Dyna.

And people blame HD for taking a different direction. They just cant get rid of the image the thugs and outlaws gave them. The new line just screams : It was a nice ride folks, now just leave us alone.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:56 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

Mods, please move this poster to softail forum. This confused soul is still dreaming of a new softail turned into Dyna.

And people blame HD for taking a different direction. They just cant get rid of the image the thugs and outlaws gave them. The new line just screams : It was a nice ride folks, now just leave us alone.
So thats how it is? 😂 talk yourself into a corner then cry for help. LOL

Put on your Big Boy Pants and get back in this ring, McGregor. LOL

I dont think you realize that not everyone wants stock. You are happy with it but, those who arent change what they dont like... we dont bitch about it or lay down and take it. Thats the real soul of hd. Make it how you want it. I dont want a boardroom bike. 😆

Last edited by cvaria; 09-12-2017 at 11:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Greezey Rider (10-03-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 11:00 AM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 370 Posts

I think I missed out on the coolaid you all are drinking.

Yes. People will put tbars and fairings on a Softail. They do it right now. It's all over Instagram
I'm not sure there is anything else to say in this thread other than that

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (09-12-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 11:06 AM
OddJack
Road Warrior

I stay in Dyna ring for ever.

You, not so sure. One day you wake up and you look at your headlight and it has become rectangular.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:08 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Anything can be done, whether it's these new models or old models. I don't think the performance oriented style that we see so often with the dyna and fxr will ever go away, and will continue on with the new softails.

I think it's even very likely we are going to see even more, due to how easy a lot of things are now to work on and change on the bikes.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:12 AM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 635 Likes on 326 Posts

You F***ing Guys realize your just fighting over a name right? "Softail". These new Harleys Are neither the old Softail or Dyna. Lighter Stronger frames and a Better suspension. Theres no reason you couldn't Mod it in anyway you like. And from what I hear the new bikes handle like there on rails better then the old Dynas ever did! So to me these would be great bikes to mod out "Thug/club style!! My choice would be the Street bob for that tho! The others are too much money and a different style.

The following 2 users liked this post by Zakk13:
badvlvo (09-12-2017), Carl '69 (09-13-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 11:16 AM
badvlvo
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I dont think you realize that not everyone wants stock. You are happy with it but, those who arent change what they dont like... we dont bitch about it or lay down and take it. Thats the real soul of hd. Make it how you want it. I dont want a boardroom bike. 😆
DOOOOOOOOOD... relax. There's always going to be that guy, the one that just doesn't get it. I've got an FXDLS with some mods that make it look like a typical CA club bike. Why? Performance and comfort. I happen to like the way it looks too, and it's only going to get better as time goes on and more money is available.

While mine looks like so many others it's in the subtle differences that make each unique. Why those specific bars? Pegs? Grips? Pipes? Why that seat? What performance mods? These are all things we all ask ourselves and others, except for those who think that the one size fits all from the factory or out of the HD parts catalog is the only way to go.

Maybe he will see the light, maybe not, but don't let it get under your skin so bad. I'm going ride a new Fat Bob this weekend, and I'll see what it's all about. I'm not looking for a new bike, I'm totally happy with my bike as it sits, and it's only getting better with more mods. Let the guy hate your style, hate what you ride, and just give him the finger and move on.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:22 AM
OddJack
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by badvlvo
DOOOOOOOOOD... relax. There's always going to be that guy, the one that just doesn't get it. I've got an FXDLS with some mods that make it look like a typical CA club bike. Why? Performance and comfort. I happen to like the way it looks too, and it's only going to get better as time goes on and more money is available.

While mine looks like so many others it's in the subtle differences that make each unique. Why those specific bars? Pegs? Grips? Pipes? Why that seat? What performance mods? These are all things we all ask ourselves and others, except for those who think that the one size fits all from the factory or out of the HD parts catalog is the only way to go.

Maybe he will see the light, maybe not, but don't let it get under your skin so bad. I'm going ride a new Fat Bob this weekend, and I'll see what it's all about. I'm not looking for a new bike, I'm totally happy with my bike as it sits, and it's only getting better with more mods. Let the guy hate your style, hate what you ride, and just give him the finger and move on.
Isnt yours 2017?

Seems like OP is talking about 2018, specifically the Fat Bob. Hello?

How's that for seeing the light DOODADOO?

Old 09-12-2017, 11:25 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

I stay in Dyna ring for ever.

You, not so sure. One day you wake up and you look at your headlight and it has become rectangular.
i add, i dont sell. Plus i already said im buying one. Im just watch for issues and gripes. And ill probably get a 107. The 120 and 124 kits are alreay out and cost $~900. S&S cam kits are cheap as hell too. $190 for chain and ~$400 for gear drive. I'll never be on the frontline.

Quick Reply: Are people going to continue making thug/club style bikes with the new softails?