Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Captain Itch Crotch Cooler with Love Jugs Mighty-Mites? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/1199934-captain-itch-crotch-cooler-with-love-jugs-mighty-mites.html)

sdlsaginaw 09-23-2017 03:22 PM

Captain Itch Crotch Cooler with Love Jugs Mighty-Mites?

Is anyone running this combination on their late model Dyna? Pictures of the left side?

Does the Crotch Cooler block the fan intake, or rest against the fan and wear the power coat?

I’m interested in adding the Crotch Cooler as turning on the fans at a stop cooks *both* legs. With all that heat blowing off the engine the fans must be doing something!

I’m specifically looking at doing this on a 2016 Wide Glide.

Love Jugs 09-23-2017 04:53 PM

replay to SDL to answer their question

Originally Posted by sdlsaginaw (Post 16666233)
Is anyone running this combination on their late model Dyna? Pictures of the left side?

Does the Crotch Cooler block the fan intake, or rest against the fan and wear the power coat?

I’m interested in adding the Crotch Cooler as turning on the fans at a stop cooks *both* legs. With all that heat blowing off the engine the fans must be doing something!

Hey SDL,

From your post I'm not sure if you have the Love Jugs installed or not. Please let me know here or call me at 561-499-0974. I'm in the office now and will be on Sunday as well. - Steve,

robbyville 09-23-2017 05:14 PM

Hey there,

I have the crotch cooler and some Ward's fans installed on my Street Bob. Similar in size to the LJ, see pics.

The crotch cooler does not interfere in any way simply blocks a bit of the heat coming from the rear cylinder and below the seat pan. When I remove the crotch cooler I can definitely tell the difference. The fans certainly blow a certain amount of air across your thigh but I think you need to manage the expectations. The fans are to cool your engine not your legs, the crotch cooler just keeps heat off the upper thigh area. It's been a good combo for me in that the two add up to help a bit overall.

Good luck!

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...7f6011c7fd.jpg

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...bc0945709e.jpg

sdlsaginaw 09-23-2017 05:35 PM

Thank you Robbyville, that’s the picture I needed. I should have said “upper thighs” rather than legs. With the fans going the thighs get cooked. It sounds like the Crotch Cooler will reduce that.

robbyville 09-23-2017 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by sdlsaginaw (Post 16666551)
Thank you Robbyville, that’s the picture I needed. I should have said “upper thighs” rather than legs. With the fans going the thighs get cooked. It sounds like the Crotch Cooler will reduce that.

That it does! Just remember to condition the leather every now and again. I have not done a great job of taking care of mine and now I'm paying the piper a bit.

Frédéric CM 09-24-2017 02:16 AM

Rob', send me a pic of your pads track on your rotor ;)

robbyville 09-24-2017 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Frédéric CM (Post 16667770)
Rob', send me a pic of your pads track on your rotor ;)

Sorry frederic! I have the pics and will send to your email!

archergodwin 09-26-2017 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by robbyville (Post 16666988)
That it does! Just remember to condition the leather every now and again. I have not done a great job of taking care of mine and now I'm paying the piper a bit.

Obenauf's .. there is no leather treatment better.

rogersachs 10-01-2017 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by sdlsaginaw (Post 16666233)

Love my Capt. Itch. Works very well. Well run company. I had them extend both sides for a custom fit and further covering rear cylinder and exhaust pipe.
Go for it.
Roger

sdlsaginaw 04-06-2018 09:58 PM

Sad to say, it looks like I’ll need to return my Crotch Cooler. It does not appear to work with a combination of Lucky Daves seat and Love Jugs mini fans.

First, I could not get the LD seat anywhere near installed. I even bent the front tab trying. Taking it back off and checking, there is barely any clearance between the seat and covers. Certainly not enough for that thick piece of leather to fit between. It would require drilling the front tab off the seat and shimming it so the seat could sit higher.

Second, whatever shape the LD seat is forcing the cooler to conform to shoves it right into the rear fan. It seems the LD seat is really squeezing the front leather together and pulling the outer edges forward. I think even if I modified the seat to sit higher it would still do this enough to hit the fan.

Looks like I’ll just have to deal with thigh bbq.