Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deviant fabrications t sport fairing

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 10:16 PM
dlporter
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Deviant fabrications t sport fairing

I just mounted up a t sport fairing from deviant fabrications. It’s a very well made fairing and looks great. Still tweaking the mounting to get it to sit where I want. Only issue I have is that the screen adjustment binds up when I mount the screen. Screen off, adjuster works just fine. Screen on, it won’t budge. I know a few people on here use the deviant fab fairing and was wondering anyone else had this issue.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:36 PM
elijahinabox
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one. Happy with the fairing it's just what I wanted. I had a jd fabs set up before and loved it but wanted something closer to oem. The Dev Fab adjuster is a piece of **** mine does the same thing. Not satisfied with it which was supposed to be the whole point in buying their set up in the first place. I'm gonna get rid of the mounts all together and just go back to the jd fabs mounts but keep the fairing. There's no point in having the adjuster if I I have to take off the screen. And even when the screen comes off the adjuster jams up and I have to take it apart to get the gear seated and working correctly. For 795 + 95 shipping off their website it isn't worth the money. Again fairing is nice no complaints it's just what I wanted. The gearbox/adjuster is a let down

Old 10-15-2017, 07:42 PM
Kraken
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by elijahinabox
I got one. Happy with the fairing it's just what I wanted. I had a jd fabs set up before and loved it but wanted something closer to oem. The Dev Fab adjuster is a piece of **** mine does the same thing. Not satisfied with it which was supposed to be the whole point in buying their set up in the first place. I'm gonna get rid of the mounts all together and just go back to the jd fabs mounts but keep the fairing. There's no point in having the adjuster if I I have to take off the screen. And even when the screen comes off the adjuster jams up and I have to take it apart to get the gear seated and working correctly. For 795 + 95 shipping off their website it isn't worth the money. Again fairing is nice no complaints it's just what I wanted. The gearbox/adjuster is a let down
Altered industries has the best adjuster setup, better than OEM, but it's not cheap.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:51 PM
dlporter
Cruiser

Originally Posted by elijahinabox
Yeah, that’s the same conclusion I’ve come to. Today it bound up so bad that taking the screen off didn’t help, so I took the whole fairing off to try and free it up. Nothing. Took the side plates and adjuster linkage off the fairing to free it up. That’s when two of the threaded inserts that go into the fairing spun out, cracking the molded plastic they were pressed into. So now the fairing itself is shot. Waiting to hear back from Deviant to see about a possible warranty. If not I’m going to be out the $890. The oem style adjuster was the big reason I bought this fairing, but after realizing just how crappy/useless it really is I probably should have just gone with a JD customs fairing.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:53 PM
Kraken
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by dlporter
Yeah, that’s the same conclusion I’ve come to. Today it bound up so bad that taking the screen off didn’t help, so I took the whole fairing off to try and free it up. Nothing. Took the side plates and adjuster linkage off the fairing to free it up. That’s when two of the threaded inserts that go into the fairing spun out, cracking the molded plastic they were pressed into. So now the fairing itself is shot. Waiting to hear back from Deviant to see about a possible warranty. If not I’m going to be out the $890. The oem style adjuster was the big reason I bought this fairing, but after realizing just how crappy/useless it really is I probably should have just gone with a JD customs fairing.
If they refund it you might do the Altered Industries adjuster with the JD fairing and be in it the same money. I'd probably be calling my credit card company if they didn't step up.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:38 PM
dlporter
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Kraken
Altered industries has the best adjuster setup, better than OEM, but it's not cheap.
That altered industries setup looks really nice. They sure are proud of it though. $$$$

Old 10-15-2017, 10:27 PM
elijahinabox
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah I really like the altered industries set up. looks legit! but $$$$$$$. I also probably should have waited on buying a new fairing but i was seeing "available soon" ever since they started and figured it would keep taking forever. Looks high quality tho

Last edited by elijahinabox; 10-15-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:49 AM
fifty
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

do you have a link for altered industries

Old 10-21-2017, 09:00 AM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Did you hear back from Deviant? I'm looking into ordering lowers for an fxrp and their's look nice but I'm a little at odds buying something from "Lebanon".
I know it say's made by American's but why Lebanon? Kinda of weird, know?
JD's are fine but if I'm not mistaken Deviants are finished inside as well as out.