Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you recommend for my 08 Super Glide windshield or fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 08:56 PM
Patriot_413
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What would you recommend for my 08 Super Glide windshield or fairing?

Hey guys just got my first Harley it's an 08 Super Glide and Long story short I've rode with a windshield and without a windshield and hands down having a windscreen to break up some of the wind is much more enjoyable for me when riding.

The only problem I'm having is i can't decide what would go with the look of this bike... some sort of California club style fairing or a clear windscreen. I know a lot of dynas can pull off that hole sons of anarchy with the fairings look or whatever but idk about mine. Most of those bikes have higher t- bars or apes.

I'm kind of on the fence for like a plain windshield as well because i have no clue how it would look. It's got Carlini drag bars so changing them is kinda out of the question really expensive bars and super comfortable plus it would cost a lot to change em out.

So I'm kind of stuck here. Any suggestions or pics of your bike with a similar style? Thanks in advance.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:11 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 559 Posts

I think one of those 1/4 fairings would look good on your bike. The windshield is more functional though.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:25 AM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

You can tell from my avatar that I really like riding with the wind in my face but I also like the windshield breaking that wind off my torso when it is cold out there...or raining...I can put on and pull off the windshield in about a minute.

Personally, one of the things I like about the Dyna and Softtail Customs is that they are open and uncluttered with fairings and all. The only creature comfort I need is a good seat, forwards, and highway pegs...and the windshield occasionally.

BTW, I love that candy apple red paint! Awesome!

Last edited by skinman13; 02-06-2018 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:35 AM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,380 Likes on 808 Posts

I like the look of a quarter fairing

Old 02-06-2018, 10:09 AM
abez
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Rio Grande Sport shield by Memphis Shades in gradient red...

Old 02-06-2018, 10:23 AM
Lifestarts@40
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

I think my rig would look great on your ride... IF you had it painted to match. Then add the dark tinted Laminar Lip for functionality. The LL will make the fairing perform almost as good as a windshield and look better IMHO.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:16 AM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,549 Likes on 667 Posts

go with what YOU think looks better.

Depending on what fairing you get, you can get one that offers more protection than a windshield. But usually a fairing is the more expensive route.

I love my 1/4 and rifle style fairings on dynas, but I think yours would look great with a windshield. The Memphis shades slim line would be a great choice, and you can take it off in seconds if you wish. I have both a memphis cafe fairing and a slim windshield for my bike and switch them out. once you get the mounts setup right you can swap between the two.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:05 PM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Received 244 Likes on 90 Posts
Wink Memphis Shades Batwing...

I have a 2010 Super glide with a Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing and I love it. Awesome quality and very well built. I ride about 90% of the time with my visor up. If you are going to get a fairing buy one that will do job one {keep the wind out of your face} first and look cool second.

Your bars are different than mine so not sure how that impacts your choices. here is a front view, check my sig pic for the side view.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:51 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

I haven't found a windshield that didn't make the top of my helmet feel like it was being hit with full auto fire. Quarter fairings (on dyna's) on the other hand take the wind off my chest and keeps my head in clear air.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:04 PM
Lifestarts@40
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
I haven't found a windshield that didn't make the top of my helmet feel like it was being hit with full auto fire. Quarter fairings (on dyna's) on the other hand take the wind off my chest and keeps my head in clear air.
What type of helmet do you wear? Half, full, 3/4? Just curious. I was wearing a Harley 1/2 that resembles a German ww2 helmet. Long story short, the last bit of buffeting my rig was giving was from the mushroom lip of the helmet... especially on heavy cross winds. I've since switched to the aukory 88 and all of the buffeting is gone. Now when the winds get heavy, the bike blows around long before my noggin does.

Quick Reply: What would you recommend for my 08 Super Glide windshield or fairing?