Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to sell my street bob???

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 08:10 PM
madcitycustom
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How to sell my street bob???

I once purchased a vehicle with the extended warranty and later decided that I didn't want the extended plan and was able to sell the extended warranty back for the full purchase price, or in other words,I gotmy money refunded. It might be that too much time has passed in your instance, but it is worth a shot and doing so could give you those two or three months of payments. You could also sell off theadd-ons as mentioned to give you those two or three months.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:51 PM
hAkron
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You're almost better off letting them try to take it. Which is hard to do if you're keeping it in a garage of some sort. Once you're back on your feet and you can start making payments on it again the only thing they'll do is tarnish your credit a little...I'm assuming that you'll be in better shape in a few months...if so then it's better than taking a 3-5k hit and still being out of a bike. Also, it'll be the last bike you'll be able to finance through harley for a few years.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:22 PM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be careful trying to hide thebike from a repo. In Virginia, this is a felony criminal offense.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:45 PM
sabby48
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey sorry to here about your problem , but are you working now ,and where are you from maybe i can help you out with some work, what do you do or what dos your wife do

Old 06-23-2007, 10:51 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very tough situation, sorry to hear. One key factor to consider is to keep the loan from being "classified" - that is a point where the loan is considered likely to be uncollectable and the bank has to put it on their books as such. This is bad for them in that it deducts from their lendable funds (their inventory is money). You are in a tough real estate market too, which will have the bankers edgy.
If your loan is with a local bank, my advice would be to see your banker on Monday ASAP before payments get too far behind. Explain your situation and get your options. You are not going to be leagally able to sell a mortgaged bike and I believe stripping off the financed parts would be borderline felony stuff. The bank will try to get as much as they can for the bike and look to you for the balance. The longer it goes without being resolved, the more it's going to cost. I know that the bankruptcy laws have changed and you will probably need an attorney - more money out the window.
See the banker. To quote an old friend of mine, "The closer you get to the whip, the less you feel the sting."
Kiss the bike good-bye, Harley will make another one for you.
Best of luck.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:10 AM
StreetBobDave
Novice

I will probably get flamed for this but what the hell.... Here it goes...

Since you have GAP insurance and probably still have insurance on the bike you could take a dive off of it at about 20-30mph enough to get the insurance to total it, you would then at least get the money to pay off the loan...

This is very illegal and a good way to get hurt and I do not condone or recommend this kind of thing and the above written statement is just a fantasy and not in any way related to anything I have done in the past or plan to do in the future.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:37 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

see if bank will take interest only, you would be surprised out how they will help if you go to face to face explain your situation, they don`t want a repo either they will try and recoupe minus equity from you but they also know you can`t squease juice from a dried out lemon, they will try and work with you, but be upfront, and come off as someone who is trying to rectify a problem, DO NOT GO THE INS SCAM THING CAN`T BELIEVE SOMEONE WOULD SUGGEST THAT

Old 06-24-2007, 06:49 AM
baxter
Road Warrior

iono what to say, if it was me , id hide it a buddys house and pay what i can when i can or try to work out something with HD financing, i dont think they can take it as long as your making some sort of effort towards payment.... not sure bout that , but i was told that by an attorney..... wouldnt bet on it , but worth a try if last option.....sorry to hear this, im close to the same situation as well.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:50 AM
fastfxrs
Cruiser

I'm sorry for your situation. I've been upside down on more harley loans than I'd care to admit, including my new WG. First thing I would do is cash in your extended warranty. You'll get most of it back. I did that with my last Buell and applied it to principle on the loan. Talk to your lender and your dealership, they may let you put the money in an account and use it to make payments for a while. Good luck with everything.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:00 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Start pulling off the extras and sell them. You can get about 1/2 of what they cost new on ebay. That will buy you some more time. I hope this works out for you. This is a reason I only buy used bikes. You can get them at great prices and you will not be very upside down, if at all. Personally, I paid cash for both mine because I picked them up in distress sales.

Quick Reply: How to sell my street bob???