Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Krator t-shirt fairing (Amazon)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 12:05 AM
Dynafrom818
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Any dimensions, specs for the JP Customs headlight mount? I will ask one of our machinist to make me one.

Last edited by Dynafrom818; 06-18-2019 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:13 AM
Dynafrom818
Tourer

Originally Posted by djlotus
Put this fairing on my 08 Low Rider. Absolutely love it. It does hot the tank slightly when pinned to the left or right. Buffeting is all but gone. Still need to paint or wrap but I'm saving that until everything else is done.

With windscreen

Without windscreen
Did you use the stock headlight mount block?

Old 06-18-2019, 05:48 AM
djlotus
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I used the stock headlight block. It was a pain in the a$%, but I used it.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:05 AM
Dynafrom818
Tourer
Old 06-19-2019, 12:13 AM
Dynafrom818
Tourer
Old 06-19-2019, 05:57 AM
Tomahawk309
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynafrom818
Who knows. It's probably fine but you're buying direct from China so it's going to take a month to get it. At that price its worth taking a shot.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:21 AM
djlotus
Intermediate

I have removed this fairing for now. The windshield broke under both of the grommets and is unusable. The least expensive replacement is actually buying a whole new fairing sonim going to hold off for now.
It looked good on the bike but my original statement about the buffeting being all but gone must have been made while wearing Rose colored glasses because the buffeting did. It improve when using this fairing compared to using a clip on HD windshield.
I may purchase another in the future but I may pay the money for a proven brand. Not sure yet.

Old 06-19-2019, 09:29 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 729 Likes on 560 Posts

I have removed this fairing for now. The windshield broke under both of the grommets and is unusable. The least expensive replacement is actually buying a whole new fairing sonim going to hold off for now.
It looked good on the bike but my original statement about the buffeting being all but gone must have been made while wearing Rose colored glasses because the buffeting did. It improve when using this fairing compared to using a clip on HD windshield.
I may purchase another in the future but I may pay the money for a proven brand. Not sure yet.
The windshield that comes with it is ****. Just buy a JD Customs windshield that is thicker and doesn't have a recurve. https://jdcustomsandfabrications.big...ng-windshields Sure it's $110 but a total of $200 for a fairing is still pretty damned cheap when you compare it to the cost of others and you can pick the tint and height. You get what you pay for and the windshield is worth it.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:00 AM
easyissy
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I got a take-off clear windshield that I black-out with plasti-dip that I'm not using if your interested.

I think you make have over tightened the hardware or the grommets went bad for it to break.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:23 AM
djlotus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by easyissy
I got a take-off clear windshield that I black-out with plasti-dip that I'm not using if your interested.

I think you make have over tightened the hardware or the grommets went bad for it to break.
Def over-tightened but a little over shouldn't cause the product to break. Poor design and or materials.

What size is the windshield you have and how much to ship to 20165?

Quick Reply: Krator t-shirt fairing (Amazon)