Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Krator t-shirt fairing (Amazon)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 06:43 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Jr177
@DynaKid94 Are you a San Diego local? I've seen you around the forums for the past few years and it sounds like you're running this fairing. I have an fxdx so I'm gonna have to drill my triple clamp and was wondering if I could find someone local running the Krator. I already got all my **** for it but just want a more accurate vision of how this thing mounts before putting holes in my scoot.
Hey man - I'm a little to the north of you in Orange County but I do get down to Dago every now and then. I've got mine off at the moment but they're pretty easy to mount. Just did a set of bars and I need to sort out the throttle cables and brake lines (bars went taller, cables got shorter...) and I figured it would be easier to wait until I've got those sorted to put it back on.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:55 PM
Jr177
Intermediate
Received 29 Likes on 3 Posts

Aight 10 4. My dyna has the stock fxdx cowl over the light, and I gotta put my new bucket on the bottom clamp because mine is top mounted. Could you possibly take a picture of how your bucket attaches to the bottom triple clamp? Also I'm assuming you're running the JD relocation block? I bought the Memphis shades and am debating if I should just trash it and dish out the $65 before I start.

Old 12-18-2018, 01:46 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

Aight 10 4. My dyna has the stock fxdx cowl over the light, and I gotta put my new bucket on the bottom clamp because mine is top mounted. Could you possibly take a picture of how your bucket attaches to the bottom triple clamp? Also I'm assuming you're running the JD relocation block? I bought the Memphis shades and am debating if I should just trash it and dish out the $65 before I start.
Definitely run the JD block - I've heard of people trying the memphis shades one and it doesn't position the light right. I'll get a pic but you'll most likely need to pick up a bottom mount headlight bucket that will mount on the block. My low rider had a similar eyebrow setup when stock. Mine was just a stock street bob bucket but any standard bottom mount 5 3/4 bucket should work.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:57 PM
610Low
Tourer
Received 110 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Paint holds just fine, just don't take it for a slide...

where did you get that pentagram cover?

Old 12-19-2018, 01:57 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by zombiegang
where did you get that pentagram cover?
http://www.azece.com/

Old 12-19-2018, 07:48 PM
BoozefighterWho
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the fairing. I have an FXDX as well... I'm determined to figure out how to mount this damn thing without relocating the light and all of that.... I haven't had time to look at it yet, but I'll let you know what I figure out

Old 12-20-2018, 09:45 AM
Jr177
Intermediate
Received 29 Likes on 3 Posts

From what I gather, you have 3 options. The easiest and cheapest is probably just drilling the lower triple clamp and plopping a bottom mounted bucket on there. The cleanest is buying the factory fxdxt upper and lower clamps but that cost money and more work than I can put into the bike right now. Then the last is fabbing up some kind of bracket that puts quick release grommets at the bottom of the fairing and running two quick release clamps on the forks. I don't know how stable or good that'll look though. The headlight may be in the completely wrong place. I'm going to get ahold of JD Customs and see what size to drill the hole, then I'm going to go up a few sizes and drill a counter sink hole to give the bolt head a firm backing point.

I'm also going to talk to a few buddies and see about cutting the windshield down to remove the curved lip at the top.

Last edited by Jr177; 12-20-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:24 PM
BoozefighterWho
Stage IV

From what I gather, you have 3 options. The easiest and cheapest is probably just drilling the lower triple clamp and plopping a bottom mounted bucket on there. The cleanest is buying the factory fxdxt upper and lower clamps but that cost money and more work than I can put into the bike right now. Then the last is fabbing up some kind of bracket that puts quick release grommets at the bottom of the fairing and running two quick release clamps on the forks. I don't know how stable or good that'll look though. The headlight may be in the completely wrong place. I'm going to get ahold of JD Customs and see what size to drill the hole, then I'm going to go up a few sizes and drill a counter sink hole to give the bolt head a firm backing point.

I'm also going to talk to a few buddies and see about cutting the windshield down to remove the curved lip at the top.
oh hell no. I'm not going to mangle my dx for a $100 fairing. I'll either figure it out or get rid of it.

Old 12-21-2018, 07:24 PM
BoozefighterWho
Stage IV
Default Getting there..

I'm getting mine on my FXDX. No drilling... no relocating headlight beyond using the block that I had when running my Ness fairing. Once I get it all failed in I'll let you know exactly how. Heres a pic of it mounted - I'm gonna have to mount another bracket or adapter to make it really solid... but I'm getting there. I wish they had instructions with this thing on which nuts an bolts go where when installing the windshield!

Old 12-21-2018, 07:52 PM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by BoozefighterWho
I'm getting mine on my FXDX. No drilling... no relocating headlight beyond using the block that I had when running my Ness fairing. Once I get it all failed in I'll let you know exactly how. Heres a pic of it mounted - I'm gonna have to mount another bracket or adapter to make it really solid... but I'm getting there. I wish they had instructions with this thing on which nuts an bolts go where when installing the windshield!

Ya I had a rough time with figuring out where all of the harware and brackets went when I got mine. To make it worse, I was one of the first to get one, so I didn't have any help what so ever. If ya need a hand, let me know. I'll help with what I can

Quick Reply: Krator t-shirt fairing (Amazon)