Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob vs Road King

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 04:21 PM
fxrnutt
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by crusader1xxx

troll vs real biker....
😂��😂😂😂

Old 07-30-2018, 05:52 PM
Trudger1272
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by tcazes
i like frame mounted fairing for all out comfort but i dont know of anything the rk can do that the fb cant....i have taken my street bob through some equal just plain horrible storms just as i have my fat bob and never struggled but the full fairing setup of the road king sure would have been nice. especially the lower fairings to keep your shins dry.
Are you confusing Road Kings with Road Glides?

Old 07-30-2018, 06:01 PM
tcazes
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Trudger1272
Are you confusing Road Kings with Road Glides?

Yes. Yes I am LMAO. Been at work since 230am. I'm struggling lol

Old 07-30-2018, 06:03 PM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 890 Posts

A Fat Bob is something you buy once you already own a Road King. It's a second bike, nothing more...

Old 07-30-2018, 10:01 PM
mrbeads
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan D.
A Fat Bob is something you buy once you already own a Road King. It's a second bike, nothing more...
I think the fat bob is more of a personal cruiser bike...

Old 07-30-2018, 10:09 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,920 Likes on 17,474 Posts

There's big differences between the 2 styles and how you feel about them reflects several factors like your age, health, skill levels and general type riding you do. Both machines are solid but geared toward different riding styles and conditions. Fat Bob a local bike and does it very well, RK is entry level long haul machine, I personally use mine as my daily commuter in in town traffic, while it can get heavy sometimes cannot beat the overall comfort factor it provides, also having the saddlebags have gotten real good to me, no more strapping **** down when you need to carry something daily.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:17 PM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

For a lot of people, a bike will never see over a 100 miles in a day.
So a real bike to them is anything that will get them into the kool department at the local tavern for display.
So we all see what we envision for our needs
For a lot of us a "real" bike is set ready to go with bags fairing no towing it.
100 miles is b4 8am.
We would want nothing to do with a little stripped dwn plain jane .

Old 07-30-2018, 10:18 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

Test ride, or preferably rent, each to compare.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:06 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 433 Likes on 260 Posts

It would seem by some opinions that I’ve made a silly mistake and used a Dyna “cruiser” to tour 30 states and 6 provinces. My bad...I’m looking for more quantitative replies: “The Road King is more comfortable because...”
Looking at the specs, I don’t see a huge difference other than the weight, and short rides in pleasant weather bear this out

Old 07-30-2018, 11:50 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,920 Likes on 17,474 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkey
It would seem by some opinions that I’ve made a silly mistake and used a Dyna “cruiser” to tour 30 states and 6 provinces. My bad...I’m looking for more quantitative replies: “The Road King is more comfortable because...”
Looking at the specs, I don’t see a huge difference other than the weight, and short rides in pleasant weather bear this out
Till you actually put in some seat time on an RK on various roads you won't see of feel the difference. Coming off 40 odd year riding smaller & lighter dyna type bikes to the heavier RK I was a bit out of my element and comfort zone at first with the bigger feel and more weigth, took all of a few weeks to lose that feeling. RK's a much more comfortable ride, seating position is more natural for me anyway and overall comfort is very good, feels much more solidly connected to the road than a light bike ever has and handles every bit as well in the twisties as my highly modified shovel which I set up specifically to canyon carve. Bike has a 30 degree lean angle, most riders won't use half that, chicken strip in my front tire is only a 1/2" wide and there's more there if you want to push it.

Specs won't tell you anything about the bike or how it rides, your *** is gonna do that. Rent one for a bit and get busy then make an educated decision. Difference is all in the ride & handling and nothing in print is going to get that across to you, you just have to experience it for yourself to understand.

PS. I've crossed this country several times on my shovelhead, wish I'd had a Road King for about 2/3's of it now I have one.

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 07-30-2018 at 11:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TwiZted Biker:
jb1023 (08-01-2018), perki48 (08-01-2018)

Quick Reply: Fat Bob vs Road King