Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noob batwing on a street bob question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 03:36 PM
kevinjbl
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob batwing on a street bob question

Hey there guys, I know this had to have been covered a billion times here but I have spent the last 4 hours scouring the internet for details and have found literally zero things. I need some help. I have a 2016 street bob that I love but since buying it have switched from riding it around town to now commuting 100 miles a day for work and school. So I want to go full touring on it now. I have been given a front outer fairing for a 2006 street glide and the stock bags for it too. I was told that all I need is an inner fairing and some mounting hardware. Two seconds on google image search shows that the inner fairing has about 1000 parts attached to it, none of which I can find anywhere besides maybe the speaker pods and gauges. There seems to be a bracket that holds the radio that you can't source anywhere, there are brackets that I assume attach to the forks but will they work on a street bob? I can't seem to find the part that is on the forks that the brackets attach to. Can I use an after market mounting kit? I'm not here asking for the answers to all these questions, I just need to be pointed in the right direction. Is it worth it given that I got the fairing for free or am I going to spend more money getting it to work than going the custom route? I have been very surprised to see basically no info on this online, I cannot be the only one to inquire about this or venture into it. If anybody has done this build or has a parts list, pointing me to it would be amazing. Thanks guys.

Old 09-15-2018, 03:34 PM
Advanced
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Unless you have good fabricating skills this can get very expensive if trying to use factory parts (not to mention you'll still need to do some fabricating anyways). One alternative is to start with an aftermarket batwing. Memphis Shades unit is reasonably priced, user friendly/easy install with reasonably good protection and convertibility/. You can offset the cost by selling your HD Batwing outer. Good luck with your project.